Victory Vision

Bike
2006 ST1300
I am seriously looking at the Victory Vision. I really like the lines and it suposedly is a fanstasitc bike. I ride almost 2000 miles per month commuting to and from work and really want a few more creature comforts. I for 1 love the look. It is either way on this bike. Either Love it or Hate it. And Momma loves it to so that is a bonus. My real concern is on a bike of this size, Does anyone know how they perform on the back roads. I commute 57 miles each way to and from work through windy roads going from Viginia into West Virginia. (Not by accident did I accept this job) I know the ST is built for this type of commute but what about the Vision. I also like the Gold Wing but it just seems to cramped on it when trying to ride. I feel I have more room on the ST to be honest.

Any other real world opinions would be great. I love my ST but I am just needing something that is more for a guy my size 6'6" 280. I know I hear it now. Just loose some weight but I am looking to make this move. Also if you have different option I am not considering please let me know. I have found the exact bike I am looking for 2012 Vision for less than 18K. Just so you have an idea of what I am looking at for Budget.

Thank you guys and if you know someone that wants a babied 2006 ST13 it is on the classified section.

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
Re: Victory Vision.

I seem to remember a lot of heat on my inner thigh when I test rode one.

JCB

Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #

I personally didn't like it. Vibrations and clunky transmission when shifting, vibrating mirrors and fairing when idling and driving around town, not as smooth as the Honda. Seemed ok on the back rodes and had some power. Drive one first, but you have to keep the wife happy!!!! Good luck.

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #

What I really didn't like about it was I felt completely removed from the road and the mirrors vibrated terribly!! We made sure they were good and tight, didn't fix the problem. They were useless above a certain RPM!
+1 here.....After riding and owning a V4 ill never own a V2.

STArnie13

R.I.P. - 2020/07/03
Rest In Peace

I have not ridden one but I do see more Visions on the road than ST's these days. I see ads on tv to go in and ride one. Try one and you should know if it is for you.

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour

Sorry but the only thing I think of is this video when I hear Victory Vision.

[video=youtube;dGPh7DAlSm8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGPh7DAlSm8[/video]

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #

Andrew Mills rode one to 15th place in the Iron Butt Rally in 2007. I'd suggest you visit one of the Vision forums for a better idea whether the bike would work for you or not. This site looks like it is well attended. Best of luck with your choice...

Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #

When I first saw a vision, we referred to it as the George Jetson. Once I rode it it became one of my favorite Victory's. I am a bit of a chronic demo rider, so I have probably rode various vision models 30 times or more over the last few years. It is suited fine for the winding roads on your commute, and you should find it to be a comfortable ride. I'm 6'4" and have plenty of leg room. The floor board are nice as well. The mirror vibration can be an issue some of them seem to do it worse than others. In the heat of the summer they can cook you, but my ST is pretty good at that as well. It has some power with the 106 cu in, but it won't have quite the acceleration of your ST and the redline comes early in comparison. Go test ride one, just look out for Gunny. Good Luck

OP
OP
raymillsus
Bike
2006 ST1300

Thank you guys. I went to look at one tonight and I think If I were to put together a bike like this it would be laid out exactly like this bike. Everything was exactly where I would put it. I have checked out some of the Victory owners groups out there but I know this is for ST's I just know I can trust the folks on here.

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #

I think "catcher" on the board bought one last year. FAIK he likes it. PM him. He'll talk to ya. He's nice. He's a Canadian. :)

OP
OP
raymillsus
Bike
2006 ST1300

DAve, THank you I will send him a note. I was hoping to find someone that had a ST and a Vision or went from a ST to a Vision.

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X

DAve, THank you I will send him a note. I was hoping to find someone that had a ST and a Vision or went from a ST to a Vision.
To which I responded... In addition to the various positive comments you already saw, I forgot to mention, the tip-over protection works well, much like the ST.
Also, I've had no issues with mirrors. And I find it'll lean very adequately in curves. But as mentioned, a test ride will help a lot. The slogan Victory had of "ride it and you'll buy it" was what did it for me. And after a year and 18,000 km, I enjoy the bike as much or more than ever - and no it's not because I'm getting older!
A note re fuel economy; on a couple of longer trips with a fellow rider on an ST, we fueled together, and compared consumption. Pretty much identical.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #

Unless you have to own it right now.... wait to see the new Indian coming out this year at Sturgis.

I was in the market , like you, not too long ago. I test drove a bunch of bikes and ended up with a Harley RoadKing. Never I a million years did I ever t.ink I would own a Harley, until I test rode one. If you are looking for the fairing try the ElectraGlide. I did ride a Vision and to be honest I was much more impressed with the Harley. Better handling, fit and finish, and comfort.
JMHO and YMMV

Bike
2005 ST1300

I have ridden a Vision. I am one of the few that like the looks. Victory trannys have a signature clunk. The Visions saddlebags are small (only important if you need the room) in comparison to the Victory Cross Country Tour (XCT) and other touring baggers.

I do know someone that has one and loves the performance. Make sure you check out the weather protection and handlebars for comfort. I don't know about the Vision but I know the XCT allows rain to get behind the windshield and all over the gauges and in the rider's face. Bad design.

Good luck!

Bike
2021 Honda Goldwing

A bit of a coincidence, but I too am smack dab in the middle of seriously considering the Vision. Still love the ST, but am starting to graduate to more long-distance riding which is not exactly a strong suit of the ST.

Always thought a BMW would be my next bike, but I test drove the R1200RT last weekend and I didn't care for it as much as the ST. Also had a moment of clarity and realized there's no way I'm ever going to spend $25,000 for a K1600GT, so BMW's are out.

Test drove both a new Victory Cross Country Tour and a Victory Vision. The Cross Country was gorgeous, but way too much wind for my taste .. must be too used to having a faring. With the exception of the saddlebags, I love the look of the Vision. And, of course, the Vision is the only Touring bike I'm aware of that has the electronic adjustable windshield, a feature I just hate to give-up.

Stopped at a Harley shop too and really took some time looking over each model, but I once again walked away with the feeling that none of the models were right for me .. and I came to this conclusion w/o ever looking at a price tag.

Really appreciate the feedback from this thread .. On my 2nd test drive this coming weekend I'm going to pay particular attention to the vibrating mirrors and engine heat.

Who knows .. I may hang with the ST for years to come too .. or at least until the re-design. :)

Bike
2021 Honda Goldwing

Yes its true there are many that are just fine with ST for long distance riding. For me, the lack of electronic cruise control, poor seat, and the slightly bent forward riding position make long rides more of a challenge (I've yet to see an aftermarket cruise control or seat that is to my liking). I'm also thinking I would prefer a more substantial bike to help in riding in severe winds, which is commonplace in my part of the country. Since purchasing my ST three years ago, my riding has been almost exclusively day trips of 100 - 300 miles. The ST is absolutely perfect for me for that type of riding ... just not so sure its the right one for me if I'm going to do the long distance thing.

8-BALL

GeriatricMutantNinja Norwegian
Bike
ST1300 - NT700
STOC #

Yes its true there are many that are just fine with ST for long distance riding. For me, the lack of electronic cruise control, poor seat, and the slightly bent forward riding position make long rides more of a challenge (I've yet to see an aftermarket cruise control or seat that is to my liking). I'm also thinking I would prefer a more substantial bike to help in riding in severe winds, which is commonplace in my part of the country. Since purchasing my ST three years ago, my riding has been almost exclusively day trips of 100 - 300 miles. The ST is absolutely perfect for me for that type of riding ... just not so sure its the right one for me if I'm going to do the long distance thing.
================================

Ditto!

ST1300 since 2006.

Bike
1100 Shadow
STOC #

Unless you have to own it right now.... wait to see the new Indian coming out this year at Sturgis.
I wish I could be there for the unveiling. Kinda got an interest in looking at the Indian for some reason. :think1: I wonder how similar, if any, the Indian and Victory will eventually be since they are both owned by Polaris? (think cage manufactures)

Top Bottom