Victory Vision

Bike
2021 Honda Goldwing
Re: Victory Vision.

Sad news to report .. the deed was done late last week ... the ST was traded for a Victory Vision. Traded at a dealer that happened to carry both Honda's and Victory's, so the ST was able to get a respectable trade value. My '07 ST had 20,500 miles and literally didn't have a scratch on it. The big v-twin is taking some getting used to .. the Honda 4 was just so smooth .. I'll miss it for sure. The big Victory is really a stable ride .. cruise and seat are great features. Still hope to check-in with you guys now & again. Wish I could have afforded to own both bikes.

Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #

Sad news to report .. the deed was done late last week ... the ST was traded for a Victory Vision. Traded at a dealer that happened to carry both Honda's and Victory's, so the ST was able to get a respectable trade value. My '07 ST had 20,500 miles and literally didn't have a scratch on it. The big v-twin is taking some getting used to .. the Honda 4 was just so smooth .. I'll miss it for sure. The big Victory is really a stable ride .. cruise and seat are great features. Still hope to check-in with you guys now & again. Wish I could have afforded to own both bikes.
Congrats on the new ride, the Vision is a great bike. Be sure to check out the American Victory Rally in Spirit Lake, IA August 16th and 17th. My brother and I will be riding up to the rally with My dad and cousin who are both Victory owners.

Bike
2021 Honda Goldwing

Thanks for the heads up on the rally .. thought I had read something about that. I'll put it on the calendar. Only 2 hours from here too.
Congrats on the new ride, the Vision is a great bike. Be sure to check out the American Victory Rally in Spirit Lake, IA August 16th and 17th. My brother and I will be riding up to the rally with My dad and cousin who are both Victory owners.

Bike
2021 Honda Goldwing
Very funny .. :) Although its not as smooth as the Honda 4, its quite a bit less than a Harley. In fact, I don't think I've noticed any vibration at all yet, to be honest. [QUOTE;1644318]Nice bike. Eeeeeeeeeeennnnnnjjjjjjoyyyyy tttttthhhhe smooooothhhhh rrrrrrriiiiiddddee of the ttttttwwwwwiiiiiinnnnn.[/QUOTE]

Bike
ST1300 '08
I own a Victory Vision Tour and an ST1300.

Victory: no vibration in mirrors. easy handler. never scraped anything yet. smooth and comfy. Rode it 850 miles the day I bought it. no problems. heat louver/thingies work fine. 44 mpg. Excellent ergos for me at 6' 165. very smooth for a big V twin. and yes they are FAST, but not as fast as the ST. on long rides it is great to be able to stretch out my legs.

St: faster, esp winding it out acceleration-wise. I figure the ST's "easy" speed is about 10 mph higher than the Vision's, but I tend to ride the ST too fast too I suppose. and btw I have done plenty of 15 hour days on the ST too, and in all kinds of weather.

Two different bikes, two different concepts, but they are both terrific motorcycles.

:)

Bike
2021 Honda Goldwing
Hey guys .. this is an old thread, of course, but thought I'd give a quick update. I'm now into year #3 of owning my Victory Vision and just passed 15,000 miles. Build quality has been outstanding and whenever I use if for any long distance touring, it works flawlessly. Having said all that, I'm actually looking to trade back to a Sport Touring bike. I've just never gotten used to the v-twin and still miss the acceleration.

Love the BWM K bikes, but there's no way I'm spending that much. Can't believe Honda has still never updated the ST, or at least added cruise control to the CTX 1300 or F6B. Right now, I'm leaning towards the Triumph Trophy .. has many of the same bells & whistles of the Vision and might be a good bike to re-enter the sport touring world. My first concern is the build quality (there were some issues with early Trophy's), but I'm also worried about the model being discontinued .. I'm also not sure how I'll like a 3-cylinder.

All of us here understand how incredible the category of a sport touring bike is, but the buying/riding public does not seem to be aware. Inventory in all my area non-Harley dealers has been pitiful the last couple years. None of the local Yamaha dealers have an FJR .. new or used. My theory is Harley's market dominance is really starting to effect all the metric dealers. It is actually a little sad. With all due respect to HD, I simply have no interest in owning one of their bikes .. and it has nothing to do with price. Sport touring appears to be strong as ever in Europe, but in the US, I'm not so sure.

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
I don't know where in Southern Minnesota you are butI bought my FJR from 2Brothers in Onalaska Wi, suburb of LaCrosse....excellent dealer, serice and inventory.....2cents....enjoy the ride...........ff

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
i test rode several victories at a local demo ride i wanted to try the victory vision tour . on the highway it was smooth and quiet but i scrapped running boards as soon as i left the parking lot really bad clearance

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Seeing a rare Vision on the roads always reminds me of the '58 Edsel and its horse collar grill. Certainly a love or hate look to that particular bike.

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Bought my Vision new in 2012. now has 46k km. Still provides a certain pleasure. But there's a certain kind of fun which it can't do well. For that, I have something much lighter and faster.

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
Bought my Vision new in 2012. now has 46k km. Still provides a certain pleasure. But there's a certain kind of fun which it can't do well. For that, I have something much lighter and faster.
Hey there, I bought this bike from George this year. The Victory now has 55,000 km on it. I did a SS1600k on the way back from Charlottetown and it performed flawlessly. Looking forward to travelling to LA on it next May. I haven't scraped the boards yet but I don't feel like I'm leaning any less than I do on my ST. It's not the bike for people in a hurry, but it sure helps you to go the distance. I agree the transmission is loud and clunky, but you get used to that. I haven't had any more trouble with heat on it than I do with the ST1300. It is a heavy brute for me, considering I tip the scales around 140 pounds but I have gotten used to it and it is very smooth even at low speeds. And the wife loves it. Which is a big part of the pleasure of riding for me. She's my favourite accessory to carry on a bike.

I still have the ST and now it is like getting onto a sport bike when I take it out. Best of both worlds.

Last edited:

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
She's my favourite accessory to carry on a bike.
Very nice comment! And I think you can legitimately call her a feature, more so than an accessory! I'm pleased indeed to know the Vision went to be part of a noble stable!
And, a SS1600k, wow! I rode the Wing back from Hanwell, just west of Fredericton, back in June, and it was only 1445 km. That took 14 1/2 hours, so I know it can be a challenge...

Bike
2021 Honda Goldwing
Kind of fun to notice this old thread today .. looking back, really the only feature the ST was missing for me was a factory cruise control .. other than that, I would have been just fine. I did get the Vision just a few weeks after this thread, and did take a long trip (Minnesota to Utah & back) that same summer, but it was the only long trip I had the time to take. Just sold the Vision this month and am back on a Honda .. an ST1800. :cool:

Top Bottom