New To Me Wee DL650!

Bike
2006 ST1300
Congrats, Fali!

That's a great bike for sooo many roads around here.

Now you have two bikes (and a forehand) while I have none...that hardly seems fair.

Ride safe and have fun!

Bart
He has two, you have none...seems to average out just right! He can't ride them both at the same time anyway!!! :shrug1:

OP
OP
Indian Express
Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
He has two, you have none...seems to average out just right! He can't ride them both at the same time anyway!!! :shrug1:
Youngest son is already in line wanting to ride it when we go on weekend rides. One of the reasons I got the bike was it would give him a chance to tour with me and maybe go to an ST event and see how much fun us old geezers have! In the mean time I have a light all around bike to commute, pleasure ride, or tour on. :)

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Congratulations Fali, looks like a great deal you got.
I am really glad mine came with a Russel Day Long Seat cz I would have never sprung the $700 or so to get one. Most comfy seat I EVAR spent any day on. And this one was costum fit to a 260 # guy. I currently am 148#.

The volt meter saved me from being stranded both times my stator failed.
I saw there was a drop to under 12 volts and headed to a safe port to deal with it.
Also, this time I installed a MOSFET Regulator/Rectifier which, according to the Strom chatter, is better at taking undue strain off the stator.
Maybe I won't have to go for a third stator.
Those soft saddle bags look pretty cool but you probably won't regret a pair of Pelican hard bags on Givi brackets if you wanted hard bags.

Hot grips, GPS on Ram Mounts, maybe a sound system and your well on your way to twisty bliss or long days to WeSToc or even Alaska.

Good luck, Fali.

BTW ... any plans for India this year or next?

GS3&TTtwo

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Congratulations on your new bike! It is nice to have a handy do-it-all small bike as a compliment to the ST. The contrast between my 700 and the ST highlights all the things that the ST does so well while giving me the pleasure of a machine that does so well the things the ST can't do so well - or at all.

OP
OP
Indian Express
Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
BTW ... any plans for India this year or next?

GS3&TTtwo[/QUOTE]

Thanks Danny. Going to India in Sept. but won't have time to goof off much since there is stuff that needs to be done to the house and I'm having some dental work done.
Maybe in '14 a ride from my town, Mussoorie to Ladakh might be possible. Before or after the monsoons, AprilMay or October would be good months.

treemuncher

Vegetation Terrorist
Bike
'07 ST1300A
STOC #
Now that Fali has fallen for a Wee, my next move will be to make him ride the Tenere! Then he will find the off road capability and light feel of the Wee with the comfort and punch of the ST1300 wrapped into one do-all bike.

Dual sport poker run this Sunday morning in Leiper's Fork, TN. Fali needs to be there to ride the Wee dirty style! I'll be there rain or shine.

Top Bottom