ST1100 Trailer Hitch?

Bike
ST1300
Can someone give me some idea where I can reasonably purchase a trailer hitch for my 1993 ST1100? It would just be to pull my Jet Ski to a close by location.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I don't know about "reasonable", unless you find it on CL or eBay but I ended up getting mine (after exhausting that search due to taking too long with no results) at http://www.motorcycle-hitch.com/Honda.html. Cost me about $300 after shipping and any other charges added in. Look on the Honda page in the 1100 section for ST1100.
The "reasonable" alternative is to find someone to make one for you unless you happen to be handy at that yourself. The hitch I put on is a Den-Ray hitch. See my gallery for some photos. I show where I replace the "hangers" that come with the hitch with aluminum bar stock from Lowe's (or HD) since the ones that come with are way too short and don't really fit the location suggested (common problem with this hitch). An easy job if you can handle a drill and hack saw. There were some others but more $$$.
Even if you just pull a Jet Ski trailer a short distance, once you put that thing on the bike with the requisite isolation harness for lights you WILL pull other trailers (cargo?) longer distances. It's just too handy to not use it to haul stuff. Just a few weeks ago I hooked up my camper and hauled 3 interior pre-hung doors to my son's home from Menard's. Tied them on top with ratchet straps. Menard's guys said they just made history loading on that type of cargo on a motorcycle trailer (I did the straps since I'm doing the pulling).

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Uni-Go sells them. A bit pricey but a quality product. $335 (hitch), $95 for ball adapter, $70 for isolation transformer, $15 for a 'Wing 1500 sub-harness (lets you install transformer without cutting any wiring harness wires).

www.uni-go.com

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
George, I have a used Unigo hitch yur welcome to,,, worse for wear but functional. You'd have to fab a plate to attach a ball as it's set up for single wheel trailer. Stiff 'n strong, tho. Let me know.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
I was going to say to look for a used Uni-Go and George has what you need. I have one and it is very rigid. Perfect for a one wheel and great for a two wheel trailer.

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300
George, I have a used Unigo hitch yur welcome to,,, worse for wear but functional. You'd have to fab a plate to attach a ball as it's set up for single wheel trailer. Stiff 'n strong, tho. Let me know.
thought my replies would auto be sent to my email and wondered why I never received any replies to above. Believe it or not today is when I read this. Do u still have the Unigo hitch and if so how much and where are you?
George
PS: Do you know where I go at the st-owners website to make it so replies are forwarded to my email address automatically?

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
That Unigo is a great hitch.
I altered mine so I could remove the lower part to aid tire change.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Sorry, George, all my trailer stuff is gone. If I remember right from the intial texts, I couldn't locate the uprights, and I never did. Must'a got tossed along the way. Anyhoo, during my spring cleanup this year, all that stuff got reclycled. Sorry for falling down on this.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
I've used both Unigo and a DenRay on different 1100's. Unigo is the strongest but mine got totaled when I got rear ended. Put the DenRay on my wife's ST, which became mine, and it worked ok too.

Top Bottom