• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

New A to Z Contest

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #
After completing my A-Z ride last week, I am curious if anyone else has ever done all the letters in one day or am I the first?

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
After completing my A-Z ride last week, I am curious if anyone else has ever done all the letters in one day or am I the first?
I mapped it out and was going to do it... then I split it with another member thinking we'd run the board one day but neither of us was able to get our schedules in place so we dropped the idea...

Congrats, I think you are the first, of course, now you just have to sit there for 2 full rounds - lol - kinda like a sugar high.. No, I think doing TX and OK would be interesting.. lol

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
OK Mellow! Why don't you just throw in an Iron Butt, 2 states and 52 letters!
Now you're talking!!...

When I was going to give it a try I had mine split into 2 days... could have been done in one long day though. Oh well, planning means nothing if I didn't actually do it... lol

TX_AtoZ.jpg

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #
Well now you have me thinking and I almost have an OK route complete for all 24 letters available in OK right at 600 miles. Need a couple days to shore things up and a sunny day off work and I will have 2 states in 2 days. I'm going for ST-Owners record here :poPoST1:

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Well now you have me thinking and I almost have an OK route complete for all 24 letters available in OK right at 600 miles. Need a couple days to shore things up and a sunny day off work and I will have 2 states in 2 days. I'm going for ST-Owners record here :poPoST1:
Nice.. then, you can start thinking about AR/LA... lol... I have an evil streak, can you tell?

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
I know this is a little different but I think it's a neat idea. Say we are up to the letter C why not let Riders post as many C as they can until someone post a D. Only one C per Rider of course. And once we hit D no more C. Then others can post D's untill a E gets posted. I think that will let more people play the game at the same time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I know this is a little different but I think it's a neat idea. Say we are up to the letter C why not let Riders post as many C as they can until someone post a D. Only one C per Rider of course. And once we hit D no more C. Then others can post D's untill a E gets posted. I think that will let more people play the game at the same time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Actually, if someone saves a letter that was posted before they had a chance to they can use that in the next round which makes the game move faster. I typically grab 2-3 when I'm going to grab a letter just in case.. I'll grab the one I'm after and then the next 2 or 3 in line that way I'm poised to post them when ready... nothing wrong with that since the reason for the ride was the A to Z game so it's all good.

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #
I mapped it out and was going to do it... then I split it with another member thinking we'd run the board one day but neither of us was able to get our schedules in place so we dropped the idea...

Congrats, I think you are the first, of course, now you just have to sit there for 2 full rounds

Did Oklahoma today! That's 2 states! I am done now! someone else can try the other 48!

Bike
2011 Honda ST1300
Sounds like a good effort!

:thumb:

How long did the ride take? And distance travelled?

Just had a quick look through the thread, only noticed one non North American sub-thread - Germany! May be more as I only had a "man" look.

I'll start an Aussie sub-thread (if that's okay), but judging the Aussie activity (of late) on the Forum, I'm not confident that I'll have a lot of company.

By the way, this challenge is very similar (but not quite as challenging) to a thread on OzSTOC. I could try and explain it, but this will be easier: http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=5610.0

Do you have this challenge on this Forum?

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Sounds like a good effort!

:thumb:

How long did the ride take? And distance travelled?

Just had a quick look through the thread, only noticed one non North American sub-thread - Germany! May be more as I only had a "man" look.

I'll start an Aussie sub-thread (if that's okay), but judging the Aussie activity (of late) on the Forum, I'm not confident that I'll have a lot of company.

By the way, this challenge is very similar (but not quite as challenging) to a thread on OzSTOC. I could try and explain it, but this will be easier: http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=5610.0

Do you have this challenge on this Forum?
I like it!

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Actually, if someone saves a letter that was posted before they had a chance to they can use that in the next round which makes the game move faster. I typically grab 2-3 when I'm going to grab a letter just in case.. I'll grab the one I'm after and then the next 2 or 3 in line that way I'm poised to post them when ready... nothing wrong with that since the reason for the ride was the A to Z game so it's all good.
Crap! And I just deleted a couple of Xenia, IL shots because I no longer have an ST. Story of my life! But it means I get to ride in the spring!!!!

Greg

Am I correct in not finding a thread for AZ yet? I may just have to start one!
How odd ... not enough members in Arizona to run the tag game (?).

A World-Wide A-Z game might be interesting - that way, everyone can participate no matter where they live, or if there's not enough participants in some area.

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #
I would like to post in every state, I have quite a few since I have been to all but 6 states but I didn't take pictures of a city in every state. Does it mean your addicted to alphabet game when you map the next city letter on your trip to each state you are passing though?

tjhiggin

R.I.P. - 2022/06/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
2004 ST1300A
I would like to post in every state, I have quite a few since I have been to all but 6 states but I didn't take pictures of a city in every state. Does it mean your addicted to alphabet game when you map the next city letter on your trip to each state you are passing though?
Hello my name is T.J. and I am a geography game junkie.

Yes I also map out the tag locations and city letters whenever I take a bike trip.

Top Bottom