• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

New A to Z Contest

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Re: New A thru Z Contest

This is by state just like Tag is. So you find the next letter within your state game. In Iowa the next letter is "H"... until someone changes that.

And once you get all the way through the Alphabet in your state then the next letter is "A" again and keep on going.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #

How about adding one more rule to the game:
A person may not post the same town within the same year. IOW- If you post a town with "A" then you may not post that same town if the game for your state runs through the whole alphabet within the year, someone else may post that town but you would have to post a different town with "A" until the next year.

Or at least limit to one posting of the same signage per year for anyone... same as the Tag game. Otherwise we could end up with someone possibly posting the same photo over and over. As with Tag, the idea is to get out and ride. :grin:

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #

How about towns, townships, villages, and the like, that aren't classified as "Cities"? Are they fair game? This question came up in the Wisconsin thread I believe.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #

How about towns, townships, villages, and the like, that aren't classified as "Cities"? Are they fair game? This question came up in the Wisconsin thread I believe.
I would think they would be. perhaps a verbage change to include the terms mentioned.

Bike
2005 Concours

Has anyone started an Illinois letter/thread yet? I live amongst alot of early letters.

Never mind I found them...I'm more than a little slow at these things, but I get there eventually.

Last edited:

Cucho

Carlos
Bike
2007 ST 1300A
Okay - pretty simple here

• Start with a City beginning with A
  • This is BY STATE
  • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
  • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which shows the city/state you're in
  • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
  • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
  • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
  • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter.

A big thanks to hogieman1018 for presenting this contest idea.
Once we reached Z, why not start over backwards? So Z to A.

ST-venture

Randy Frank
Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GW Tour DCT
2024 Miles
STOC #
You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city

Any thought on allowing a person to do back to back posts if a set amount of time passes since the last letter city - say a month?
Some states, like WY may never move.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city

Any thought on allowing a person to do back to back posts if a set amount of time passes since the last letter city - say a month?
Some states, like WY may never move.
I'm thinking it's not a bad idea, at least it keeps the game moving. Yes, It's official. After 1 month - no less - it's open to the current person that posted the last letter.

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
I'm thinking it's not a bad idea, at least it keeps the game moving. Yes, It's official. After 1 month - no less - it's open to the current person that posted the last letter.
That's an excellent change.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Do named-but-unincorporated areas and subdivisions count as "places", or am I limited to incorporated towns / cities / villages? In Maryland, all three Post Offices starting with Q are on the Eastern Shore side of the Bay and I don't especially relish a trip across the Bay Bridge just for that if there are closer alternatives.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Do named-but-unincorporated areas and subdivisions count as "places", or am I limited to incorporated towns / cities / villages? In Maryland, all three Post Offices starting with Q are on the Eastern Shore side of the Bay and I don't especially relish a trip across the Bay Bridge just for that if there are closer alternatives.
The preference is a city, town, etc... subdivisions are a stretch... I think we've done unincorporated areas and even ghost towns so those are ok. MD is a pretty small area so I think you get a pass.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
The preference is a city, town, etc... subdivisions are a stretch... I think we've done unincorporated areas and even ghost towns so those are ok. MD is a pretty small area so I think you get a pass.
Thanks, Joe.

The distance would be fine (as you say, MD isn't that big), but there is no (good) way to get from my house to the Eastern Shore except the Beltway and US 50; both are very busy urban freeways and not well suited to recreational motorcycling. And the alternatives - up over the top to the north of Baltimore, or down south across US 301 - aren't much better for me.

Maybe one of the NJ or NY riders will oblige before I need to go to the Q nearest my place? But before that, we still need the "P", which IS convenient to me at less than 10 miles from home even if I take the back back back roads.

Top Bottom