• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

KY: A to Z

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I love contests like this because they have me going places I never would've even thought to look for. The first Kentucky town is named Anchorage and its just east of Louisville. Its a nice little town that reminds me of the little towns in my home state of Connecticut.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374594456.606553.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1374594475.691636.jpg

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I think it might be! Not a lot of activity in KY... I had the state tag for close to two years one time.

Wow ... not many ST folks in KY, I assume ... three tags since 2013, 1st two spaced three years apart, and the last 6 1/2 years later :)

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
If I am still alive when N rolls around I will have to ride down and take picture of the bike in front of Noah’s ark.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Cannot read tiny sign; Dunmor? Not listed here ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Kentucky#List_of_cities
Goggle maps states it's an 'unincorporated community'. I therefore refute this entry ;).
Please point me to the rule that says it has to be an 'incorporated' city.
Refute if you wish but it has a US Post Office - that's the picture and it is Dunmor.
And it also has a fire department (see below).
So even if Wiki doesn't know about Dunmor, obviously the USPS does. :biggrin:
But for your 'viewing pleasure' -

Dunmor Enlarged.jpg

Dummore Fire Dept.jpg

Bike
2021 R1250RT
Please point me to the rule that says it has to be an 'incorporated' city.
Refute if you wish but it has a US Post Office - that's the picture and it is Dunmor.
And it also has a fire department (see below).
So even if Wiki doesn't know about Dunmor, obviously the USPS does. :biggrin:
But for your 'viewing pleasure' -

Dunmor Enlarged.jpg

Dummore Fire Dept.jpg
Nowhere can I cite such a rule. All I see at top of pg. is "Start with a City beginning with A" & other such references above. I looked here --> https://www.citydirectory.us/commonwealth-kentucky.html?page=8&c=n but no ref. to Dunmor found.
I did look here also --> Kentucky DLG - Municipal Home
Do not take offense, none is intended.
And so it shall be. Travel on.

Last edited:

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Nowhere can I cite such a rule. All I see at top of pg. is "Start with a City beginning with A" & other such references above.
Do not take offense, none is intended.
And so it shall be. Travel on.
No offense taken - my hide is thicker than that. ;)
Since you are right in the center of Kentucky, you should be able to find a 'F'.
That should be easy - Fort Knox or Frankfort or Finchville or Fairfield or Figgs or ... :biggrin:
BTW, just north of Dunmor is a really good restaurant should you happen down that way -
The Buggy Shed in Beechmont straight up 431.

Bike
2021 R1250RT
No offense taken - my hide is thicker than that. ;)
Since you are right in the center of Kentucky, you should be able to find a 'F'.
That should be easy - Fort Knox or Frankfort or Finchville or Fairfield or Figgs or ... :biggrin:
BTW, just north of Dunmor is a really good restaurant should you happen down that way -
The Buggy Shed in Beechmont straight up 431.
May I post another 'D' city also please? :plus1:

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
May I post another 'D' city also please? :plus1:
Why? The next letter is 'F' and they are 'supposed to be' posted in order.
There are "F"s within 50 miles of Louisville as I noted so it should be a short ride for you.
But it does not matter to me as I don't supervise the game, I just participate. :biggrin:
That would be a question for @Mellow (Joe).

Bike
2021 R1250RT
Why? The next letter is 'F' and they are 'supposed to be' posted in order.
There are "F"s within 50 miles of Louisville as I noted so it should be a short ride for you.
But it does not matter to me as I don't supervise the game, I just participate. :biggrin:
That would be a question for @Mellow (Joe).
Nm.

Top Bottom