dunlop roadsmart and qualifer

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
OK my st has a road smart on the rear and a qualifier on the front. Dates are 4908 front an 0608 rear.
Both appear in good condition
Are these safe to run? Not worried so much about the date as just what I have heard about Dunlop roadsmart.
Thanks

Last edited:

2005RedRider

Still ridin'
Bike
2014 Harley FLHTCU
The Dunlop Roadsmarts had problems with the front tires developing a bubble. I don't think that anyone every had a problem with the rear tires. If those are 2008 tires, I would replace them (especially the front). My Dunlop Roadsmart front tire bubbled - very dangerous. I don't think I've heard any complaints with the new Dunlop Roadsmart II's though. I've got a Dunlop Roadsmart II on the front with no problems. I like the way it handles, and it runs quiet, unlike some other brands.

As you can see in my Avatar, I went with something a little different for my rear tire.

Just my two cents.

Dale:D

Bike
'07 ST1300
The 07/08 Roadsmart is unsafe and has been recalled. Running two different profiles is not recommended. Dunlops unsafe in general... what are you referring to?

Bill

OP
OP
Smallville

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
Talked to Dunlop. They said the Roadsmart is safe. They only had problems with the one size (front on ST1300).
The qualifer is not reccommended for the ST1300 however it is the same rating as the Roadsmarts.

They also said that there is no time limit on tires. It does not matter how old they are, as long as they appear to be in good shape they are safe to run.

ESB

STRIDER
Bike
'07 ST 1300
5 year old tires -- WOW!! -- R & R ASAP -- Well worth it for you and ur bike.

OP
OP
Smallville

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
5 year old tires -- WOW!! -- R & R ASAP -- Well worth it for you and ur bike.
According to dunlop there is no age limit for tires. As long as they look good and kept at proper psi you are fine. This is what the guy I talked to at Dunlop stated yesterday. He said there is no magic number for tires. It depends on how they were stored, used, ect.

Top Bottom