Boots Tour Master WP 2.0 "waterproof" riding boots

OP
OP
jonjonboo
Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
After staying up late last night and searching for a "perfect" boot for me, reading what seems like hundreds of reviews it seems the best bang for the buck with @ 99% positive review is the Sidi on road Gore-Tex boots. The biggest problem I have with them is the price of $350----ouch!!! Anybody have advice on these boots??

Louie Louie

After staying up late last night and searching for a "perfect" boot for me, reading what seems like hundreds of reviews it seems the best bang for the buck with @ 99% positive review is the Sidi on road Gore-Tex boots. The biggest problem I have with them is the price of $350----ouch!!! Anybody have advice on these boots??
Try an Alpine Stars product like the web goretex boot. I'm quite pleased but some here say it gets a bit hot in the summer. I haven't had any issues and its a great brand.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/alpinestars-web-gore-tex-boots

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #

I actually bought a pair of the On Roads once but immediately returned them because they were so thick (from bottom of the sole to top of toe) and stiff, I would have had to do some serious adjustment of my gear shift lever. Up until just recently, I've always purchased waterproof Sidi's (waterproof Stradas & a couple of others). I've been pretty satisfied with them. The only time I had a problem with them was during a run across Wyoming during steady hard rain accompanied by stiff wind that literally lasted all day. After about 5 or 6 hours of that, the toe area began to get moist.

My new "summer" waterproof boots (TCX Airtech) got a brief test yesterday riding through Louisiana where I hit a couple of short lived downpours. No leaks at all but they need a much longer test to pass final judgement on them.

OP
OP
jonjonboo
Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
OP
OP
jonjonboo
Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I actually bought a pair of the On Roads once but immediately returned them because they were so thick (from bottom of the sole to top of toe) and stiff, I would have had to do some serious adjustment of my gear shift lever. Up until just recently, I've always purchased waterproof Sidi's (waterproof Stradas & a couple of others). I've been pretty satisfied with them. The only time I had a problem with them was during a run across Wyoming during steady hard rain accompanied by stiff wind that literally lasted all day. After about 5 or 6 hours of that, the toe area began to get moist.

My new "summer" waterproof boots (TCX Airtech) got a brief test yesterday riding through Louisiana where I hit a couple of short lived downpours. No leaks at all but they need a much longer test to pass final judgement on them.
Glad your new boots are meeting your expectations. thanks for the advice. I plan to bring a pair of "around the camp shoes" to wear while riding on longer trips.

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Thanks--seriously considering this boot, I am most def going with gore-tex from what I am reading it is the best option.
OK, I'm one of the ones that Louie Louie was referring to. The Alpinestar Web Gortex is a very well made boot but I found it to be the hottest boot I've EVER had by a long way. It was so hot I decided to make it a winter boot (it felt great in cold weather). That's how I came to own the TCX Airtechs, a very comfortable boot for our hot, summertime Gulf Coast climate.

OP
OP
jonjonboo
Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
OK, I'm one of the ones that Louie Louie was referring to. The Alpinestar Web Gortex is a very well made boot but I found it to be the hottest boot I've EVER had by a long way. It was so hot I decided to make it a winter boot (it felt great in cold weather). That's how I came to own the TCX Airtechs, a very comfortable boot for our hot, summertime Gulf Coast climate.
I live in the heat here in the Gulf region but honestly---I do most of my riding in the cooler months. I am kind of like our friends up North that don't ride much in the winter except for me it's not much summer riding. Ridiculous amount of bugs and heat make riding miserable, I work outside in this misery and prefer not to play in it much.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I recommend finding a dealer that will price match from web stores (like motorcyclegear.com). We have a Suzuki/Kawasaki/Triumph dealer here that will, if you bring in the printed copy of the online item, and they also seem to have the most selection of riding gear. I bought my TM Solution (original version) from them after comparing with the TCX boots. TCX didn't quite fit right since I seemed to be between sizes and neither fit right for me. The TM boot fit right and my previous TM Response shorties gave good results, until they saved my feet in a low side (boot destroyed but no injury to feet as it should be) so I stayed with TM. Figured with a local dealer I would have an easier time if they didn't work out. So far I still have dry feet. I also still have an old pair of Alpine Star boots (the ones with the zipper up both sides) and those started to leak after a few years. Treated them with silicone camp spray from Wally World and they stayed dry after that... just getting old and worn out so they sit in storage just in case my current boots fail me.

OP
OP
jonjonboo
Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
Just got my Alpine Star gore tex riding boots from Team Winnebagoland for the clearance price of (drum roll) $139.99 delivered by my good friend in the brown truck. I ordered a size smaller than I normaly wear as many suggested because I have a narrow foot----tight fit but should work in fine. I sprayed them down good with a water hose for @15 minutes. Walked around a bit and then sprayed again. Took boots off and have dry socks, they slip on and off easy with the side zipper which I like. I can tell they are warm boots which is what I want.

Attachments

OP
OP
jonjonboo
Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
Had these boots on @ 4 hours now and have been walking around the yard, even took the wife to eat with them on. I am wearing good quality liners instead of socks, I am finding this boot very comfortable and not to warm, I imagine an average pair of wool socks and I am good for some low temps---let it rain on me now, next road trip just getting better.

OP
OP
jonjonboo
Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
yeah!! When I saw them on Amazon I bought freaked when I saw the price, went click click on Amazon and a few days later I am a happy camper (soon camping)

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I know I am bumping an old thread, but wanted to see if some of you the have the 2.0 boots could give an update? My original solutions were done after my last trip and they went in the trash. The originals were absolutely great and is leading me to replace them with the 2.0, but wanted to make sure I won't be disappointed.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
I had great luck with originals. The 2.0's cracked and leaked after a year. To be fair, I probably wore them 340 days that year.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I had great luck with the originals and 1 pair of the 2.0s. I get two or three years out of a pair - that's about 20,000 miles a year. However, the last pair of 2.0s cracked at flex points in the uppers after just 4 months use. I just got a return authorization today from the importer Helmet House to return them for replacment under warranty. The replacemant pair will determine my continued trust in the boots.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Tour Master WP 2.0 "waterproof" riding boots

I had great luck with the originals and 1 pair of the 2.0s. I get two or three years out of a pair - that's about 20,000 miles a year. However, the last pair of 2.0s cracked at flex points in the uppers after just 4 months use. I just got a return authorization today from the importer Helmet House to return them for replacment under warranty. The replacemant pair will determine my continued trust in the boots.
Mine cracked at the flex points as well. A tribute to how comfortable these boots are, I would commute in them, and proceed to wear them all day at work. I do a LOT of walking which is probably what killed them so quick. I've since bought a pair of Bates tactical goretex boots that I use for commuting.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
If I'm reading this correctly you have one set of 2.0 that did fine and the second set cracked after 4 months which is being replaced by warranty?

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Re: Tour Master WP 2.0 "waterproof" riding boots

Mine cracked at the flex points as well. A tribute to how comfortable these boots are, I would commute in them, and proceed to wear them all day at work. I do a LOT of walking which is probably what killed them so quick. I've since bought a pair of Bates tactical goretex boots that I use for commuting.
At first I was disappointed they did not last that long for you, however I truly probably only ride 60 days or so a year, so by what you got out of them they would last about 5 years for me. And the you said you wore them all day at work and I thought, heck my boots I wear everyday at work don't last any longer than these did for you. At $120 I guess it worth it to give the 2.0 a shot, worst case is they don't last a year and I have to find an alternative then.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
If I'm reading this correctly you have one set of 2.0 that did fine and the second set cracked after 4 months which is being replaced by warranty?
Yes, exactly. I'm in the replacement process now for the second pair that failed in a few months. The previous pair of 2.0s lasted nearly two years of weekend riding.

Top Bottom