Harley help

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
Can someone help me with the Harley alphabet soup. According to the sticker it's a FLHT,FLHTC,FLHTCI,FLHTCU,FLHTCUI. It doesn't say which one though. I assume it's not one with the I as from what I can find that would be fuel injected. I didn't look real close but it has a choke so it's not fuel injected.

I think it's a Electra Glide but feel free to correct me, they all look the same to me. I assume it's a base model as there is no fairing, feel free to correct me again.

It hasn't run in 10 years so it would need a battery, tires, carb rebuild, didn't look in tank could be a mess, probably need brake work and so forth. It is somewhat pitted. I think the tow straps pulled the handle bars back.

It's a pig in a poke. I know this is difficult but what do you think it's worth? 1997 mileage unknown (digital).

Not at all into Harleys but thought it might be fun to play with for a few months.:rolleyes:

Only pic I have

Bike
Dl 1000, ST1100
Looks a little Road Kingish but the light is throwing me. Appears to have a Mustang saddle. No idea on the worth but don't believe Harley's resale value is what it once was since they increased production. Good luck with the project. :)

punk rocka

this space for rent
Bike
'06 ST1300
It's sort of tough to tell with the picture being so small, but I'd guess it is a Road King (FLHR). I say that because all of the FLHTs, the ElectraGlides, have a fairing where the speedo and stuff are located. So if it's a FLHT, someone took the fairing off and mounted a speedo on the tank. I'm not saying that couldn't be done, but I don't know why anyone would do it.

As to what it's worth, I dunno. The Evo engine is a good one, IMO, but it's not bulletproof so if its got tons of miles, you could have issues.

Last edited:
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
What you have there looks to be an Electra Glide Standard. FLHT. If it has an "enrichener" knob (choke) it isn't injected.

FLHT- Electra glide Standard
FLHTC- Electra glide Classic
FLHTCU- Electra glide ultra classic
I- fuel injected

FLHTCUISE3- Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic :) lol

Used Harley's prices are based on what the buyer is willing to spend and the seller is willing to take. They don't generally get below $5k regardless of condition or model. I'd say that one is probably worth in the $6-8k range if it was running and in great shape. You can work the price from there.
I have a 2004 Springer Softail (FXSTS) and I would ask $10k if I were to sell it. Doesn't mean I would get it but...
Hope this helps

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Looks like a Road King to me with an FLH style headlight.
I'm actually going to go with throttle jockey on this one. I based my above comment on the fact that older Electra glide standards did NOT have a fairing but in 1997 they DID. So, if this is a '97 then it probably is a Roadking (FLHR)

OP
OP
Skunkape
Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
Should have said only pic I have of whole bike. I have this too. Didn't see the FLHR part below the line.

Thanks for all the replies. Hope this helps narrow it down. Still not sure.

punk rocka

this space for rent
Bike
'06 ST1300
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you have a Road King there. If you can grab the VIN you can get that confirmed, but otherwise I think it's safe to go with a FLHR.

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
Looks likes its got a really nice mustang brand seat on it!
The handlebars need to be loosened, then adjusted back into the correct position (in line with the forks).
I put 100K on a roadking classic and loved it.
Just learn to ride slow and enjoy the scenery.
Have fun wrenching on it.

OP
OP
Skunkape
Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
I did not end up with it and it is gone now. However I learned more about it. The owner thought the frame was bent as he couldn't get the rear wheel/belt to line up. There were just too many issues for me. I don't have any Harley parts bikes laying around and thought I would end up with as much in it as I could buy a good one for. The best I remember it had a salvage title too. Way too many unknowns.

Top Bottom