Gas Smell

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
My bike farts/sighs and makes the gas smell after a ride...always has even when new. When I had the carbs off I looked for a split gas line and they looked fine. No gas smell on a ride though.

Bike
1994 Honda ST1100
Sorry it took so long to respond to this thread. My carbs needed to be rebuilt - the rubber on 2 of 4 carbs were cracking leading to the escape of gas vapors. All four carbs were rebuilt and she rides like a bat out of hell! Just turned over 16K miles on the ODO and I installed a new a clear screen windshield with a center vent. I'm really looking forward riding this year!

Bike
ST1100
Well, if nothing good comes out of this(smell's end) it is some comfort to know I am not alone with this. We have had such an unusually hot/dry summer I am waiting to see what might happen as the weather starts to cool. I think I would have noticed this last spring, so, I am hoping expansion/evap. could be the issue.
My 93 doesn't seem to smell after riding but it does sigh like an old dog lying down intermittently for about half hour after riding. Has to be pressure relief I would say.

[QUOTE = "mtflyr, message: 1657750, membre: 31747"]
Eh bien, si rien de bon ne sort de cela (fin de l'odeur), c'est un certain réconfort de savoir que je ne suis pas seul avec cela. Nous avons eu un été si inhabituellement chaud / sec que j'attends de voir ce qui pourrait arriver lorsque le temps commence à se refroidir. Je pense que j'aurais remarqué ce printemps dernier, donc, j'espère expansion / évap. pourrait être le problème.
[/CITATION]
le mien sentait le gaz seulement quand je le stationne au soleil les jours sombres il ne sent pas

Top Bottom