Bitten by the Wee Bug

Bruski

R.I.P. 2020/10/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300A
I too am a victim. After researching, riding (thanks Mondo), salivating and searching I found, in Duluth a short 160 miles away, a 2012 DL650A with 7,046 miles. It's equipped with ABS switch, hand guards, skid plate, center stand, alum tail plate, fuse block, cigarette and Powerlet sockets and SAE pigtail. I couldn't resist and didn't. It's a fun bike to ride and the 650 has surprisingly adequate passing power even in sixth gear. It seems that the seat and I are not compatible so that may have to change. I'll probably move my Givi top box between this and my ST. Heated grips and a Madstad bracket/shield are other possibilities. For now though I'll just ride and enjoy.

Bike
2005 Concours
Hey Bruski, Congrats on the new wheels. Did you get rid of one of your collection?

So, I guess you'll be on that bike at MinStoc.

Have fun, don't get too couragous.

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
Awesome! I'm between one of these or a DR650 as a next ride. I kind of fell in love with the Kawi Versys until I sat on one. The DR is calling to me for some reason. The Wee would probably be better all around bike. Enjoy!

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Bruce, I always thought of you as a wee man :D I still like you though.
Mike

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Congrats Bruce! I recently bought an 06 and have been enjoying it quite a bit, almost 1300 miles in the last three weeks. Won't eat the rd. miles like the ST but sure is nice to have a light bike that you can take just about anywhere. FYI, placing an Air Hawk on the seat makes a huge difference. Enjoy!

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Congrats Bruce! I want another bike bad. I just can't make up my mind on what to get. I want a Dual Sport. But there is nowhere close for me to enjoy it. I probably need to ride the one I have sometime. It has had a major break from service this year.

saddletramp8511

R.I.P. - 2019/01/01
Rest In Peace
Bike
2014 Gold Wing
I have a 2011 DL650A....Consider a Sargent seat...I installed one on mine and now its often a hard decision which bike to take ...My ST or the wee...A remarkable bike for the money...Gravel road or super slab its a joy..I have a Sargent seat on my ST as well....They don't look fancy but they get the job done in comfort...BTW at least for me the Sargent on the wee eliminates the feeling of shoving the family jewels into the gas tank the stock seat exhibits.....Bill

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
I went with a Rick Mayer Seat, As I had one on my KLR and I have one of his seats on my ST 1300 also. But every Butt is different. I just recently installed a fork brace and peg lower brackets. Will try them out next week. Congrats on your Wee. As I have said many times.......If I had to give up all but one of my bikes, which one would I keep? The Wee would stay in the garage as it does 95% of everything all the other bikes do.

Last edited:
STOC #
It's a fun bike to ride and the 650 has surprisingly adequate passing power even in sixth gear.

I just got back from Alaska with my 2012 wee. 13600 miles and power was never a problem. You just don't go as fast as the ST!!!

It seems that the seat and I are not compatible so that may have to change.

Yea, the seat sucks...It's your classic 50 mile seat and then your ?r$$e starts to burn. I got a Rick Mayer and never looked back.

good luck with the bike.

mitch

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Congrats, Bruce. Rode mine to Spearfish and it did just fine although the mileage drops a bit at Nebraska speeds. Love running around town on it! Enjoy.

Greg

Top Bottom