2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
If you're interested in what Polaris is doing with Indian...LINKY

Meh...whatever floats your boat.

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
I don't know how many boats those will float, but they're big enough to be a fantastic anchor!! :D

Not for me. My "old is new" is a 2013 CB1100. But, anything new that gets more people onto motorcycles is fine by me!!

Last edited:
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Good note, Carl. :rofl1:

The new Indian is gonna steal sales from all the other cruisers, including Victory, but will grow Polaris' total market. Might revive the century-old feud Between Harley and Indian (Harley reliable, Indian fast, they're gonna have to change their dynamic. :crackup) Lots of "American Made" in both their ads are less true than either is willing to admit.

Personally, I like the look of many of the cruisers setting on show room floors right now. But that's where they'll stay, my money is going elsewhere. :D

STOC #
Well, if I decide to go over to the cruiser darkside, these bikes have my interest. I'm waiting to see what the test rides say.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Not my taste but anything that makes Harley work harder or competes with them can only be a good thing.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
A bit too purposefully old timey looking for my tastes, but at least it's not just another Harley clone with an indian head on the front fender. With Polaris behind it, maybe the quality will be commensurate with the price for a change. Different folks, different tastes; people need to ride what they like.

Bike
2006 ST1300
I'm not a cruiser guy but they are beautiful bikes. I think they did a great job of capturing the classic looks.

Cunados

STexan 1300
Bike
2013 Yamaha XTZ1200
Something about that black-n-tan of the 2014 Indian Chief Vintage ... takes me back to my frequent trips to Boston and my favorite beverage.

Let's see . . . Say I did want a new Indian.

I live in the Dallas area and the closest dealers that Indian lists on their website are:
Birmingham, Alabama; Little Rock, Arkansas; Lincoln, Nebraska; Murfreesborough, Tennessee; and Sioux Falls South Dakota . . .

Sounds like they didn't really have their dealer network in place before they released the bikes.
A lot of Victory dealers—that you would think would be the obvious dealer candidates—are too small to pop for the exorbitant start-up/buy-into costs required by Indian.
I've talked to one local dealer that says "no way" because of the high initial cost to take on the Indian line.

Doesn't make it too enticing to the average buyer. It might be ok for a high-roller/collector that already has a large stable of bikes, but count me out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom