smarttire sensor compatibility

Bike
2004 st1300
I had a new front tire installed at the dealer and they broke the sensor on the front wheel.
They will put in on for me if i can get another one.
There is the complete kit on ebay but it is listed as the european standard kit.
just wondering what the difference would be to a non european standard and if it would work on mine with the old remaining sensor and display.
I have no idea what the one I have now is as it came with the bike .

Thanks

OP
OP
Bike
2004 st1300
yah I know, another member put me on to another system that I may consider. The dealer has agreed to pay plus put on the sensor no charge.
I don't know if they will pay 1/2 for a complete different system. Then again it would be alot easier to install....the other system is the valve stem one.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Call these guys. (http://dickmantires.com/SmarTire/Stire_sensors_tools.html) I got my replacement sensors from them. The new sensors are held in a cradle, so you break the $8 cradle instead of the $90 sensor. I'm using PART#: 200.0171 for the sensor, and PART#: 264.0133 for the cradle. A hundred bucks for the pair, and you're in business. They are a bit larger than the old motorcycle sensors, but work fine with my system. Remember to inflate the tire and then dump the pressure to activate the sensor. I also balance the wheel with the sensor installed (you can move the sensor to offset the heavy spot on the wheel) prior to mounting the tire; this results in fewer wheel weights being required.

OP
OP
Bike
2004 st1300
Thanks for the replys
I was talking to the dealer today and I think they are going to give me a 100 dollar credit at the store.
I need to get a new pair of riding boots for the wife anyway.
In the mean time I think i will order the sensor system that go in the valves instead

Top Bottom