Parks vs Aerostich

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
Mainly questions about the Parks.

Time has come to get a new pair of gloves. Actually it was time a year ago so it's time to quit embarrassing the wife with my nasty holy gloves. Besides they have become unsafe.

I have a pair of Competition Elkskin Ropers now. They are completely worn out. They never fit quite right. Thumb too short and small diameter and fingers too long and too large diameter. A little bulky. They have however broken in and then out, they are totally worn out now.

I always felt they provided good protection as they were nice an thick.

I'm looking at the Lee Parks "Deer Tours" How thick is the deer skin on the Parks gloves? Are they durable? I see they have an extra pad on the palm which the Ropers do not.

How's the fit compared to the Ropers?

Any other suggestions for "leather" gloves of this type that are protective? No gauntlets.

ST_Jim

In the Hotel California...
Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
I've been wearing Lee Parks Deer Tours for years - the short ones, not the gauntlet version. Just got a new pair at the motorcycle show last fall.

My first pair they encouraged me to get somewhat small, they fit snug - which was nice (they do stretch) - but made them hard to get on & off, and on a multi-day trip the interior seam on my thumb would get a little irritating. (The seam rotated around to under the pad of the thumb.) Reasonably cool for hot California summers, so you need something warmer for the cold. But I like them well enough to get a second pair - the next size up this time (a little too loose - I can't win!).

I see his web site shows a version with external seams - i would have gone for those if I saw them at the show.
http://www.leeparksdesign.com/catalog_product_detail.asp?cat=530-3637&product=672063

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
I have the Held Namibs. I still wince when I see the price ($149.99) but I do love those gloves.
The fit is great and the color has never bled. The knuckles are armored which is especially
valuable when dual sporting. I like these gloves so much that I wait until my fingers are fully
numb from the cold before changing to my cold weather gloves. I can easily operate my digital
camera and gps while wearing the Namibs - not so with my other gloves.

They can be seen here:

http://stores.heldnorthamerica.com/-strse-39/Held-Namib-Gloves/Detail.bok

OP
OP
Skunkape
Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
Thanks for the replies The Namibs look nice but I am looking for a somewhat plain glove. I am also having issues jumping up in price from the Ropers to the Deer Tours.

I somehow missed the Outseams, they do look comfortable, however I wonder if the seams would rub together between your fingers. The other issue is I really wanted the tan and they are only available in gold or black. Black is a definite no no here in Fla and don't like the gold (yellow) Will call them later and see if I can get the Outseams in tan. Will probably end up ordering the gold outseams.

Thanks for the replies and still open for suggestions.

OP
OP
Skunkape
Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
Ordered the Outseams. Would have to wait and pay and extra $35 for them in tan. Hope they are comfy.

Top Bottom