Recommendations on Summer Pants

Bike
1991 ST1100
STOC #
Hi,

I have a couple of mesh jackets, but the only pants I have are Technic Power Skin pants. My daughter has the same pants also. We were riding the other day and despite going 55mph, we were burning up wearing these pants. Are there protective pants that are cooler that we can wear this time of the year?

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Older gen of these here, we're em pretty much year round.
LINK

Note the inner water proof insulated liner ain't water proof but does a decent job when it's cool out.

Bike
2014 FJR 1300 ES
I have Olympia Mesh tech (Airglide) and Vent Tech (Ranger) pants and although the Ranger is not ventilated, I find I wear them more than the Airglide. The Airglide are slightly cooler between 80 and 95 but, of course not waterproof. The heat from the bike entering the mesh makes the difference in heat comfort very slight to me. I have found that I can open the zipper covers on the Rangers and cool them quite a bit.

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #
I've worn the First Gear Air mesh year round for years. Been happy with them and they hold up really well.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I like all in one stuff. I really like my TM Flex pants. Mesh for warm to hot, solid shell for not so warm to cool, insulated liner for cool to cold, rain liner for wet (does work in the rain but condensation will build up inside from my body so I use Frogg Toggs outside when it's raining. Lots more comfy when the gear is all dry anyway).

I've used these in temps from 105*F down to well below zero*F.

Bike
2005 ST1300
Tourmaster Venture Air Pant. I also did the "try on everything" trick. I tried on 7 different pair at Chaparral Motor Sports (largest motorcycle shop in the world...fun!) in SoCal. I like the cut in the crotch......much more comfy for the twins. They have hip pads and adjustable knee armor and long zipper up side.

Good quality has 2 liners, one thin and one quilted for warmth. Could be all year round pants but I find it more convenient to just throw rain paints over them if I need warmth or rain protection. These do not convert to shorts but I reasoned that if it is hot it is more comfortable to wear regular shorts than MC shorts anyhow.

Very comfy and I like the adjustable belt. I have used them several times now and went ahead and bought my wife some too.

They were pretty reasonable price as well. I think I paid about $160.

Here is link w/more detail and pics.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=227&cat=4

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
I like my First Gear pants. They have a rain liner and an insulated liner, neither have I ever used. If I get chilly, I just put on my rain suit.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I like my Tour Master Flex pant. Starts out as a mesh pant. As it cools I add the outer shell, then the rain liner (for a wind break) and then the thermal liner. I also never use the internal rain liners in gear for rain. I hate wet gear when the liner is inside so prefer my Frogg Toggs outside to keep my gear dry and comfy. I've worn these from 104*F down to below -15*F and been comfortable depending on the layers I have in.

Rodneypieon

Rodney
Bike
2004 ST1300A
Olympia Airglides for me too. Cool enough in summer and the lined waterproof liner is very easy to take on and off and is an insulater in the cooler weather too boot !

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
I have found that Klim are the coolest pants I have used in the summer, so I am using a pair of Klim Mojave's. The padding does not compare to my Darien's by a long shot. Still airy with a solid construction. Perfect off-road pants too.

Top Bottom