New Heli risers - ST1100

Bike
1984 Shadow 700
So I am looking at adding risers to my 01 st1100. My last long trip my writs got very tired, but I was doing 600-1000 miles a day. My back and elbows and shoulders were fine. I felt like I was putting too much pressure on my wrists.

So I was thinking maybe risers would help that and have been reading about the Heli risers. I am sure there are others and just as good, but these seem to be the more used ones. They come with line extenders and seem to be quite adjustable. They call them the "multi adjustable handlebars"

Who on here has the new version? were the line extenders difficult to get right?

Re: New Heli risers

I just can't bring myself to spend $500 on the Heli bars that I personally think are ugly as sin. My plan is to install some Rox risers and re-use my stock handlebars. They should allow me to bring the bars up an inch and back an inch.

According to most of the stuff I've read you just need to re-route the cables and lines. Looks like you should gain an inch up and and inch back with the Rox Risers but you should be able to adjust them to wherever you want them to be.
Here's a pic of a set installed on a V-Strom.

rox riser install.jpg

Last edited:

idjit9

Bike
2014 st1300AE
STOC #

i put the newest heli risers on, simple one piece machined aluminum. amazing differance.

OP
OP
superdiver
Bike
1984 Shadow 700

Can you post a picture of the newest heils on your bike?
Did you have any problem adding onto the hydraulic lines?

OP
OP
superdiver
Bike
1984 Shadow 700

According to most of the stuff I've read you just need to re-route the cables and lines. Looks like you should gain an inch up and and inch back with the Rox Risers but you should be able to adjust them to wherever you want them to be.
Here's a pic of a set installed on a V-Strom.

rox riser install.jpg
Thats a nice looking set up! Did you have to re rout the lines? or add to them at all? i looks like you re routed them, how did you do that?

Bike
st1300
i know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows this guy,

who put these on the pan. ren1.JPG . . ren2.jpg i don't know whats all done to get it this far.

but i do fancy doing it to my ST.

heck, he could be on here, if there is any others on from NI.

OP
OP
superdiver
Bike
1984 Shadow 700
ROX doesnt make a riser that works with a 2001 ST1100. So it sounds like I am headed to a Heli riser... has anyone else tried a riser on the 2001 1100 that worked well? Or is heli the only real game out there for me?

Bike
'99 ST1100
STOC #
I put 3 1/2" Rox Risers on my 1999 ST1100. I ended up rerouting the clutch, brake, choke and throttle cables. Just recently I acquired a Rick Mayer seat and readjusted handlebars back further so that I didn't slide forward in the seat. I also modified the stock cover to fit the handlebars with the riser.

P6200175.jpgP6200176.jpg

OP
OP
superdiver
Bike
1984 Shadow 700
HMM, i talked to them today and they told me they didnt make any that would work for my 2001 (which I believe is essentially the same as your 199 in this area)...

OP
OP
superdiver
Bike
1984 Shadow 700
Also, when people say they "rerouted" the lines, how involved is that? How far into the engine do you have to tear apart to rerout the lines?

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
California Sport Touring has GenMar 1" risers for the ST1100. Shouldn't need any changes to the lines. Anyone tried those?

THe new Heli Bars for the 1100 are NOT as nice as the originals, which I have on my '95. Just minor re-routing of cables/lines. Nothing needed disconnecting.

Bike
'99 ST1100
STOC #
Also, when people say they "rerouted" the lines, how involved is that? How far into the engine do you have to tear apart to rerout the lines?
Unbolt the levers on the handlebars and move the lines from in front of the forks to behind. The choke cable was easy to reroute, but the throttle cables were harder. IIRC some people were able to disconnect the cables without digging into the bell crank at the carbs. I had to loosen a mounting screw at the bell crank in order to get enough slack to disconnect the cables at the handlebar throttle tube.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Can anybody see why these ROX risers wouldn't work on the ST1100? Two inch X 7/8 X 7/8 mounts. Part # 1R-P2SS

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Thanks. They seem the same as what I posted, only in silver finish. Please post back on your experience with them. I don't think you will have to do anything more than a minor rerouting of things, if that.

Top Bottom