New Heli risers - ST1100

Bike
95 ST1100
I put those same ones on my 95 and moved my lines and cables to behind the handlebars instead of in front. Worked just fine and really only took about 30 minutes to install and adjust. Made a lot of different being able to get the bars higher and closer. I think you will like them.

OP
OP
superdiver
Bike
1984 Shadow 700
Great to know! I hope all I have to do is just move the lines to make it work...

Can you post a picture of what it looks like?

I put on a 2" riser. It was a present from the girlfriend. She bought from the local Honda shop. I have had them for at least 6 years now. Made in California. Was going to require some work to put the top plastic piece back on, so I didn't bother. Have seen other ST1100's without that top plastic piece, as well. They use the stock handlebars, and I didn't need to buy longer lines. I want one or two more inches of rise though. I can't believe nobody makes a new pair of handlebars for that bike! A person could probably rig up a pair, from two stock pairs. Then you'd need a longer brake line though.

OP
OP
superdiver
Bike
1984 Shadow 700
Havent put them on yet... weekends have been tied up with boat trips and fishing and general summer fun... waiting for a weekend where the weather is too uncooperative and make me stay home...LOL

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
That's exactly what I installed except in the bright finish. I only had to reroute the frt brake and clutch lines. I did not have to disconnect anything.
. . . and how do you like the new reach to the bars? Was it a big enough improvement to justify buying them, as opposed to spending more for a used/new set of Helibars?

Bike
1992 ST1100
STOC #
. . . and how do you like the new reach to the bars? Was it a big enough improvement to justify buying them, as opposed to spending more for a used/new set of Helibars?
Never had Helibars so I don't know if I can answer your question. But, I have no upper back strain and the pressure on my hands is greatly reduced. Forearms are closer to level and hands fall right on the grips. Still some forward lean, still feels sporty.

Top Bottom