ST1100 Anti dive seals?

Bike
Vstrom 650
If it doesn't seal properly when the braking/caliper action actuates it, the anti-dive will be degraded or fail entirely. I'd examine the seal's seat in the fork slider also
Thanks John, I'll make sure to check that,they sent me a bunch of different 0 rings,a rubber boot about 1" diameter,etc.I'm sure it will be easy figured out when it's torn apart. if I need a new piston for it then I'll just have to order it and wait.
I'm holding of doing it till the new fork springs arrive in a few weeks,hyperpro are including 15wt oil,not sure if I'll use that or 10wt. I weigh in around 240lbs geared up so maybe the 15wt could be spot on.

Bike
Vstrom 650
ive no ide if my forks are standard up front as shes an ex police bike ive never noticed a problem up front even when im gringing the pegs
Hi Andy, I fitted the hyperpro springs yesterday and motul 10wt synthetic fork oil,new head bearings etc as well,what a difference,I'd recommend the hyperpro springs bigtime.
corners brilliant now,no wallowing and follows the line perfectly.

sofawizard

andy
Bike
st1100 a
mines been fine then again ive just come back from a wee blast on my gpz 305 and blew a zx10 into the weeds on the bends so maybe im just nutts

Bike
Vstrom 650
She is a wineberry red money pit but I nearly have her as near to perfect as I can get her within reason,going to have to ride the wheels of it now to get value out of it.
The rebuilt forks have made such a difference,best money I have ever spent on her.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
... part number for the rubber grommet in the frame...
Not only 'any' ;-)
83551-MA6-000, grommet side cover... apply a slight smear of silicone grease on them regularly, eases attachment of panels thus prevents breaking them lugs...

Bike
Vstrom 650
Thanks,it was listed in the 'seat' diagram, about the only one I hadn't looked at on ronayers.just heading for a longish run today, vfr is in dry dock now.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Yep, but generally one can find a large number of totally neglected front ends out there...

Bike
Vstrom 650
I installed a new anti dive piston with new rubber bush as well, I am confused though because the new piston looks oval shaped also with the collar bush fitted,there is movement when you catch the pivot collar and move it around inside the collar bush of the piston.
It must be designed to have this movement in it? I fitted the collar bush inside the piston,there are 2 small little 'tits' on the outside of the bush which I aligned with the holes in the piston, and pushed it in place,can't understand why it looks oval shaped,and there is then movement when I wiggle the pivot collar around?
Anyone any ideas? thanks

Top Bottom