Motochello Intercom System

Bike
BMW K1600GT
http://motochello.com/

This is a new start up company and offers an alternative to J&M and Autocom. While I do not own one myself, I do have a friend that must be the first to own anything new for his ride. Acccording to him, the installation was very straightforward and took him about 1 1/2 hours once all of the plastic was removed. He had everything laid out in advance and simply wanted to time the install. He has a GPS, phone, and CB radio connected. He says the sound quality is excellent and the touchscreen is a nice feature and glove friendly. He does say, he would rather have it a bit smaller, but will live with it. The screen is 4 3/4 inches wide and 3 3/4 inches deep (about the size of a large smartphone). The cost is 695.00 for the single rider unit and 795.00 for a rider/passenger unit. Not cheap, but there is almost nothing else you need to buy. He priced out the autocom unit (549.00) which started out cheaper, but with the cost of cables and other items needed was almost at the same price in the long run.

Bike
2015 BMW GSA
Bravo
Any follow up with your friend who installed this? I assume he or she has put plenty of miles/hours on the Motochello and can provide more comments/reommendations?
Thanks,
Angelo
RCnJax

Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
A follow up to the Motochello review.....

I have just purchase the Version 3 Motochello communication system and it's fantastic. I've had several Autocom units....the last was the Super AVI.

The Motochello provides top quality audio....through both helmet speakers and included earbud connection.

His control unit is just the best thing ever! It is really terrific to have control of ALL of the comm system functions on the handlebar. The menu structure is very well thought out and navigation is a breeze once you've spent a bit of time with the unit.

All connectors are first rate...and INCUDED in the price. Autocom would nickel and dime you to death.

The system is manufactured in AND supported in the USA. John Martinelli, the developer, is the guy you deal with on all things technical.

The FM radio feature is nice....as is the weather radio.

The quality of the Autocom systems was hard to beat....but in my opinion, Motochello has done the job.

I'll post some photos of my install later today.

https://www.motochello.com/

Forest

Last edited:
Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
My objective has always been quality of sound, Steve. The wired comm system will always provide a audio at a much higher quality than Bluetooth. I understand the "easy" part of BT appeal.....but there is simply no comparison in quality....especially when using quality earbuds.

Top Bottom