New Pirelli Angel GT

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
I just bought a new front Angel GT for my ST1100, will be mounting it up this week. Will report back when I have more to report. :)

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Mounted up the Pirelli Angel GT yesterday and RTW today. First impressions: feels very neutral, quiet, mounted up about the same as the Bridgestone and Avons it replaced. I mounted it in the garage with just a couple tire spoons. Balanced out with .5oz.

With just a couple miles on it and on cold pavement I grabbed about as much brake as I have with the broke-in Bridgestone (just shy of PANIC stop) and the tire gripped well and felt predictable. Hopefully it will be comparable to the Avon STorm 2 Ultras that I like (but with better mileage?)

Now to finish scuffing and find some twisties...

Appalachian

No, the OTHER left!
Bike
Ever evolving
In my experience, compared to the PR's, they generally have pretty similar characteristics. They both offer good linear handling where the response is proportionate to the bar input, especially at initiation and subtle lean angles. They both have great wet and dry traction under hard braking and at deep angles, being pushed hard. The only significant difference I found was the response to irregular surfaces. The PR's roll over cracks, small lips, grooves, rough surfaces and grated bridges with little, if any relative interruption. The Pirelli's were very sensitive to anything but relatively smooth, consistent surfaces. Long grated bridges and extended sections of top grated asphalt (preparation for repaving) were somewhat unsettling. The feedback when diagonally crossing cracks, lips and riding extended stretches of grooved pavement was quite present, yet not really bothersome. It was enough for me to go back to PR's, at which point the experiences I had with the Angels sensitivity became even more apparent.

Woodchuck

(Lyle)
Bike
2018 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I was looking at the Angles GT in the spring and wasn't able to buy any. Aswell as no reviews yet at that time to make me go and buy a set even if I could of. Any feed back would be good for the spring purchase.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
I've got about 5500 miles on the Angel GT front (darkside rear) and have been happy with it. It does sing a bit when leaned slightly, but the Storms did too. Wet traction and braking, feedback etc all comparable. It's held up pretty well. Be interested in seeing what mileage I get from it.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I've got about 5500 miles on the Angel GT front (darkside rear) and have been happy with it. It does sing a bit when leaned slightly, but the Storms did too. Wet traction and braking, feedback etc all comparable. It's held up pretty well. Be interested in seeing what mileage I get from it.
I bet you will see less miles then with a regular tire on the back as the Darkside tires make the front wear faster is what I found during my experiment with the Darkside.

Bike
2020 Africa Twin DCT
I put one on the rear about a month ago, feels identical so far to the PR3 it replaced and that is a compliment. I'm desperate to get some milage out of it, the PR3 was past wear bars at 5,000 miles, not much left when pulled at 6,000 miles.

Top Bottom