OP
OP
Lanny

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
How is the vstrom going for you Lanny? have you added many farkles yet?
looking at an 06 myself with a power commander and custom map for bewoulf end cans fitted, it's supposed to sort out any fueling glitches around 3000 rpm,
also have you had any issues with clutch growl/chudder whatever they call it,it was supposed to be an issue on earlier DL1000 's anyway, thanks
I really like it. So far I've added a Power Commander V, Adventuretech Fork Brace, Adventuretech Mirror Extenders, 3/4" Lowering Links, Madstad Adjustable Windshield Bracket, Gel Seat, Eastern Beaver PC-8 Fuseblock, Oxford heated grips, Garmin GPS on Strombone Ram mount, Radar Detector, 1 12V Power Outlet in front, 2 12V Outlets Under Seat, and Suzuki Tank protector.
The bike ran pretty good when I got it, but the addition of the Power Commander made an appreciable difference in engine smoothness and it seems a little quicker. I haven't experienced any clutch growl/chudder issue reported by some. I loved my ST, but I'm having a blast on the lighter bike.

Bike
Vstrom 650
Thanks Lanny, I've seriously considered a 650, but I think I need that bit extra power. the bike I'm going to see has a lot of farkles already,a custom seat,eastern beaver pc8 etc, if I buy next week I'll post up some pics. sounds like you've got yours all ready for the season. ride safe.

Bike
2007 ST1300
I have had a 650 (2011) for about 3 weeks now. Today I took it about a 350 mile group ride with bikes that were all 1000cc or above. The 650 obviously has to work harder and run at a higher RPM range to cruise with the group at 80 but had no trouble keeping up and passing slower traffic when necessary. That motor makes a sweet sound when the RPM's get above 7,000 when accelerating and passing and it is much easier to ride in the twisties then my ST1300. It is a lot of fun to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom