Small news from Harley

Bike
2005 ST1300PA
STOC #
The India plant is to compete for the India motorcycle market. Royal Enfield just opened a new plant projected to produce 140,000 bikes per year. They currently have a 3-6 month waiting list for their bikes while building 70,000+ per year. I think Harley has a real opportunity to win back the small to mid level cruiser market in the US if the rest of the bike can match the design quality of the engine. Honda already builds Shadows and VTX that mimic the Sportster 48 and the Fat Boy, so the demand is definitely there. If the HD Street series is successful I can see the 883 Sportster disappear and the 1200 Sportster getting a detuned V-Rod motor becoming the Street/Sportster 1300.

I am excited to see how the HD 500 fits on their line up... I mean. Lets be honest, these lower end cruisers are definitely something that we're intereted in for the right price point. I am interested in the HD style over say... Honda or Kawa.
If I can just throw some saddlebags on and have a nice cruiser... that'd be cool. I read somewhere about how HD has their bike parts made in India but the final assembly/tweaks are all made in the US.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I read somewhere about how HD has their bike parts made in India but the final assembly/tweaks are all made in the US.
HD has a plant in India to that's building one model to be sold in India and Europe.

--Mark

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Why on earth do you want to buy a new wife??

Certainly not from the factory, but the big H-Ds have always had the capability to be modded to beat just about anything from Japan on the street or track. I remember when twin 750-4 Honda engines were used in dragsters and still had a hard time beating H-Ds. A quick H-D is easy. It just takes $$s, cubed.
Now that right there is funny!

Top Bottom