Replacement for Honda ST1300 in 2015?

Bike
FJR1300
Replacement for the Honda ST1300 in 2015? Hmm, it is quite apparent (to me) the ST experiment has concluded, determined unprofitable and has been dismantled; the lights have been turned off, the assets have been re-purposed, its a brave new world for their offerings now. The suits have other interests and we are not one of them. You want some love from Honda? buy their bike duJour and get a fresh batch of hope for updates to those models.

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
Replacement for the Honda ST1300 in 2015? Hmm, it is quite apparent (to me) the ST experiment has concluded, determined unprofitable and has been dismantled; the lights have been turned off, the assets have been re-purposed, its a brave new world for their offerings now. The suits have other interests and we are not one of them. You want some love from Honda? buy their bike duJour and get a fresh batch of hope for updates to those models.
I concur, the Canadian 2015 Honda lineup does not include an ST, Honda wants us to buy F6B's, it was probably the most prolific model at the Calgary bike show, I saw 5, the GL anniversary stand had 3 F6Bs out numbering the Goldwing by one!

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Is it legal to smoke that stuff in Michigan? Methinks Honda is out of the sport touring market...unless you call the VFR a sport tourer....ff....and I loved my VFR:BDH:

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
Was looking at a YouTube Video of the new for 2002 or 3, ST1300 / Pan , back then. Anyway they were talking to one of the Honda guys that developed the 1300 ; he was saying they had worked on it for 5 years before it was introduced , including incorporating customer want / suggestions - I'm wondering if this now is in the development lead time of a new model ? We won't know until they introduce it . ( He was also saying the 1300 was completely redesigned / from the 1100 so that would take a while if they are doing the same thing again - a whole new bike design )
Sorry if you want concrete evidence, but I'm going to keep this statement very generalized, to protect all involved:

At a semi-private motorcycle-related meeting last year, some upper-level Honda management were in attendance. When asked why Honda hadn't updated their CBR600RR and CBR1000RR models, the Honda persons answered that the sport bike market was just too flat. When asked about a replacement for the ST1300, they replied that the current market for sport-touring bikes was even worse. They suggested not to expect anything new, anytime soon.

Sorry guys, that's as detailed as I'll make that statement. :shrug2:

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Sorry if you want concrete evidence, but I'm going to keep this statement very generalized, to protect all involved:

At a semi-private motorcycle-related meeting last year, some upper-level Honda management were in attendance. When asked about a replacement for the ST1300, they replied that the current market for sport-touring bikes was even worse. :shrug2:
I wonder how many of these they sold. View attachment 160825 :banghead::nuts1:

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Don't expect new ST's from Honda. Rather, although not to hold one's breath,perhaps an AT, as in adventure-tour. It'll be interesting to see which the tuning fork company sells more of in the next couple of years, the FJR, (ST) or the Super Tenere (AT). We already know BMW sells more GS models than they do RT's. And Triumph - more Tigers than Trophys.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I wonder how many of these they sold.
I doubt it would be more difficult to sell more of those than STs. Even if those didn't or don't sell well I can't fault Honda for trying. Make more sense to try something than to cater to a flat market.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I doubt it would be more difficult to sell more of those than STs. Even if those didn't or don't sell well I can't fault Honda for trying. Make more sense to try something than to cater to a flat market.
And because each NM shares probably more than 95% of its parts with the other three 700 models you'd not have to pay inventory costs on as many replacement parts for the next 10 or 15 years compared to a ST with few interchangeable parts to other existing models.

veefore

See you at my intervention!
Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I told a rep at the Honda display at the IMS in NY that if they had put the bodywork from the new 800 on the VFR1200, I'd own one already. He said that was the first time he heard that...... Again, sharing an existing platform as far as running gear.......just make it pretty!

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
[QUOTE;1820993]Isn't about time we started a "new ST in 2020" post....[/QUOTE]

Well, aren't you the optimist! :rofl1:

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
More fun to ski it or snowmobile....same boat I was in last year when there was no announcement...HOWEVER I now have a FJR that I really like, so there are options out there..........ff

davidrider

Kungfu Panda
Bike
HD Road King 2017
So many tears (of laughter).
I was going to hold out for the 15 year anniversary model that comes with a special paint scheme, black with a silver pin stripe... but I changed my mind.

Top Bottom