ST1300 Fuel pump level sensor thermistor

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Good find. Interesting to note that it should not be exposed to sunlight... many of us may have inadvertently done so while doing maintenance (such as swapping out the fuel filter).

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Good find. Interesting to note that it should not be exposed to sunlight... many of us may have inadvertently done so while doing maintenance (such as swapping out the fuel filter).
BB, I'd imagine they meant long term storage. I don't see how exposing the element for short periods of time could cause harm. Nevertheless, there are people here that might have a spare fuel pump assembly that they have picked up from eBay or the like and it might be good info for them...

Bike
2006 ST1300
Which one is applicable to the ST1300? And where to buy? I know mine is bad, it does the "4 bars to blinking red bar shuffle"...just a matter of time 'til I have to do it.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Which one is applicable to the ST1300? And where to buy?
It's hard to tell from the schematic whether the part is positive or negative ground, but with one lead and the rest of the bike being negative ground, I'd hazard that the part is ERTLG12N7.

None of the usual places I look for parts carry them, which isn't a big surprise.

This thread at South Bay Riders revealed that the reserve trigger sensor from a 1985 Toyota Corolla might be a good match. I looked at the fiche for that car and found that it's part of the fuel sender assembly and not a separate part. Still, though, there are probably plenty of Toyotas in junkyards that use the same sensor.

I know mine is bad, it does the "4 bars to blinking red bar shuffle"
That sounds more like a problem with the sender in the upper tank never reaching bottom (either physically or electrically). The jump to one bar happens because the thermistor in the lower tank warms up when there's no gas on it and the dash takes that as real instead of the wrong reading it's getting from the upper tank.

--Mark

CruSTy

My Perception is my reality.
Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
2024 Miles
STOC #
This was an old thread I haven't seen that you've resurrected with new information. Kudos to your find and all the research you must have done. Great to have new members and already making a contributions too.

Chuck

Top Bottom