Chinese Parts

nokesy

2007 ST1300A
Bike
2012 RSS Spyder
:bow1:I have seen the other thread that used chinese parts and had all kinds of prolems. Since the re-arangement of my tuperware by a deer I searched out parts as the OEM parts were very expensive since I needed Headlight assembly, right side cowl, right mirror, mirror cover and wiring and signal unit. and front cowl.

I got the headlight unit for $178 including shipping and the full set of tupperware silver for $570 including shipping. I repaired my mirror and replaced the signal covers for $25 including shipping. All this on E-Bay. I received everything with two weeks to one month with tracking numbers. No duty or taxes

I was concerned after reading the other thread that I would be getting a pile of unusable crap. But I must say the headlight unit was perfect, the tuperware I had to make minor modes like a little filing of slots or drilling out the holes a little. All the little parts from the old stuff transfered well to the new stuff and I installed the tupperware today and It looks good, though the silver is a little different almost like the old stuff faded. I am happy with it. Put away for the winter now but looking forward to the road again in the spring.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
That's great news! Glad to hear it went well for you.

Well, in that case, anyone that wants a complete Chinese set of a Blue (not neccesarily matching '04 blue) tupperware (no mirror covers or saddlebag covers), just contact me. I have them boxed up and ready to go in a VERY Large Box! (can be broken down to smaller boxes after I get my new Honda tupperware mounted on my 2010! :D

You can view it here (please note comments about each part):

ChinaTupperware

Issues:

Color does not match '04. Either paint the rest of the bike to match this ...or?
One of the inner cowl's tip is broken off.
The front cowl does not have the "tabs" for mirror cover alignment.
The rear cowl has a large rub mark.

I also have a "Made in China" headlight too that I would include. :D

Make me an offer I can't refuse! YOU will pay shipping! :eek:4:

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
My son and some of his friends with Sportbikes have purchased the Chinese replica plastic. Mostly good results - The clear coat on them is pretty thin so many times he just re-coats with a good clear polyurethane. Makes them look great.

Dan

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Might want to check and see if you both bought from the same vendor!
I bought mine here: http://www.motorfairing.com/

The thing to remember is that there are two ways they make the parts, either injection molded or compression. Then are pre-drilled. Or, like the set I have, the main fairings will reqire screws, instead of the plastic pins between the inner fairings and main fairings. Whoever makes your set will say their method is the best. I'm not convinced either way...

And these are "made" by glueing the tabs on, so they don't always line up. You need to know what you are doing to get them mounted properly.

OP
OP
nokesy

nokesy

2007 ST1300A
Bike
2012 RSS Spyder
I put the bike away for the winter but if I take it out to play with it, I will post pics

OP
OP
nokesy

nokesy

2007 ST1300A
Bike
2012 RSS Spyder
IMG_0537.jpg Theirs bike with Chineses, headlight, front fairing and right side middle fairing all the rest OEM

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I broke out the garbage I got and the main cowls did not line up properly. I've thrown mine to the side and I'm not using it. I've still got plenty of work to do before I'll need them anyway, just bums me out to waste $500! :mad:

Top Bottom