Need new rubber on ST1300.

Bike
2004 ST1300A
I put a set of Michelin rp2 on my St about 13k ago and it's time for new rubber. Is their a consensus on what is the best tire for the money on one of these and where to get the best price for a pair? I'm looking for something that will last well with mileage a bigger concern then corner carving. The RP2's I have on there now are wearing more on the sides then in the middle and cupped on both ends leading to a vague feel when tipping into a corner. My last ride down the Rattlesnake was not confidence inspiring in the corners. Overall they have been good tires but I'd like to get an improved version. Is the RP3 a better tire or what are your suggestions?

thanks, Pat

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
If you can find, or wait for the PR4, I have been told by a dealer that services the ST for some South Bay police, do so. He is holding off replacing the pd bikes until he gets the 4's. Also, he recommends the PR4 GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Bike
2010 ST1300A
+1 for the PR3 just about worn out the second set. I will look at the Pirelli GT next time I replace them though as I have heard good things about them.

Tmac79

Tim
Bike
06 ST1300
My PR3's might feel better in the rain than they do when it's dry. And they feel pretty damn good when it's dry.

Bike
2010 ST1300
STOC #
My last 2 sets of tires (on my 2000 VFR (just got my new ST on 1/7/14)) were Michelin Pilot Road 3's and I cant wait to wear out the tires on the new bike so I can install same. I see that Pilot Road 4's are now out. Not sure what he changes are but I cant see them going backward. FYI I got 18034 miles out of my 1 set on the VFR..... no exaggeration. GREAT TIRE.

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
The PR4 series now has a tire for the heavier bikes. It is the PR4 GT. The GT has a stronger sidewall and the center section is wider. The front is not available yet, as of yesterday.
I have 19k on my cure ten set, PR2 on the front and the wear bars showing. The rear is the 3, no sign of the wear bars.
I am hoping the new design reduced the buzz from the front tire.

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
I really like the Conti Road Attacks (last 4 sets on two bikes, the ST and the 919), great traction in all weather but I don't get near the milage of the PR's you all have been saying. I would change to a tire that would get me better milage if the traction is close to the Conti, but I haven't found one yet.

Bike
2016 VFR1200X
I ride two up most of the time and find that the PR3 didn't last as long as I thought it should. I am going to try the PR4 GT as soon as my PR3 is worn out.

The PR4 series now has a tire for the heavier bikes. It is the PR4 GT. The GT has a stronger sidewall and the center section is wider. The front is not available yet, as of yesterday.
I have 19k on my cure ten set, PR2 on the front and the wear bars showing. The rear is the 3, no sign of the wear bars.
I am hoping the new design reduced the buzz from the front tire.

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
And in the Bridgestone camp there's the new T30GT........a little less money.....supposed to be a touring specific tire.....I don't think you can go wrong really on any name brand tire.....kinda like oil......................ff

Top Bottom