No Hotlink

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
I've just re logged on with a new Laptop and edited parts of my profile.

However I see this No HOTLINK almost everywhere.

Is it just me??

Cheers

Kappy

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I don't know what you're talking about so it may be something on the new laptop... try a different browser 1st to see if you still have the same issue.

OP
OP
kappy5003
Bike
ST1100
STOC #

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Glad to hear it. I do have things in place to not allow hot-linking on the site's images. That ensures the bandwidth ON the site is from activity ON the site.

OP
OP
kappy5003
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
Seems as though it only happening on this site, through 2 different browsers.

Image is red circle with red line thought centre with words NO HOTLINK, but only on some images and smilies.

DAon'y know what triggered it??

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Seems as though it only happening on this site, through 2 different browsers.

Image is red circle with red line thought centre with words NO HOTLINK, but only on some images and smilies.

DAon'y know what triggered it??
Can you point out a specific post and picture on THIS site you get that? I can at least have those details to understand if it is this site or not.. many times, it also means someone posted a picture here pointing to some other site and THAT site doesn't want those links posted unless they are on THAT site, in which case images are replace with a default image and many times says "no hotlinks".

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I've never seen that before.....

OP
OP
kappy5003
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
This No Hotlink symbol seems to appear on every post,am I the only seeing it and Ive used three different PC's, three different browsers and 2 ISP's.

Dam annoying.

Based on whats been said almost all the content on this site is coming from other sites.

OP
OP
kappy5003
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
Am I the only one experiencing these annoying NO HOTLINK symbols.

They seemed to disappear the other day but now they're back.

They appear on this site on three different PC's plus a tablet and my phone with 2 different servers and only on this forum.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Sounds like you're the only one.. wish I could help, just not sure what the issue is.. it almost sounds like some malware might have been installed on your devices.

OP
OP
kappy5003
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
BTW when ever I come into this site I see all these little avatars everywhere indicating NO HOTLINK, now as I understand the basis of this it designed to stop uses from downloading pic from a particular site in a way that the uses the hosts bandwidth.

I'm a member of a total of 15 different forums and this site is the only one where i experience this.

I have cahnged search engines, have had two programs clean my laptop and it still apparent after I log in in.

i logged in using my phone, which different server and different search engines and they are still there.

Now I know that the server puts this place to protect their bandwidth from being stolen, maybe it needs some fine tuning, maybe its something to with being in a different counrty.

But its almost bad enough to turn away these little red signs are everywhere.

actually there have been a couple of times recently i logged in and they weren't there, interesting.

Cheers
Kappy

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
BTW when ever I come into this site I see all these little avatars everywhere indicating NO HOTLINK, now as I understand the basis of this it designed to stop uses from downloading pic from a particular site in a way that the uses the hosts bandwidth.

I'm a member of a total of 15 different forums and this site is the only one where i experience this.

I have cahnged search engines, have had two programs clean my laptop and it still apparent after I log in in.

i logged in using my phone, which different server and different search engines and they are still there.

Now I know that the server puts this place to protect their bandwidth from being stolen, maybe it needs some fine tuning, maybe its something to with being in a different counrty.

But its almost bad enough to turn away these little red signs are everywhere.

actually there have been a couple of times recently i logged in and they weren't there, interesting.

Cheers
Kappy
Well, it's not something everyone is having an issue with, wish I could help but I haven't a clue what's causing your issues.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Is it an issue anyone else is having? I haven't seen it and I haven't seen one other person state they've seen it either. There are other members from Oz here and no mention either.

When you log in from your phone is it through WiFi or your cellular service? Can you have a friend log in from their location? Maybe try changing your DNS? Talk to your ISP? (Though that can be a challenge in itself.)

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Don't have it here. I think ST Gui is onto something though. I've seen something similar from various web sites I access from work and there is a block setting in our work Firewall. It may be something with your ISP if you haven't tried access from another location not at home. Maybe take your laptop or phone to a public WiFi place (would be restaurants or coffee shops around here) and test access from there just to get off your ISP at home.

Bike
07 ST1300A
To the poster having the problem:
Are you using any firewall or internet security suite that blocks/blanks HTTP REFERER fields? If possible can you post the Browser's IP and approximate access times? (privately to Mellow if needed)

Joe, can you check the server logs for that IP at the specified time to see what their HTTP REFERER fields are in the request
--Ram

OP
OP
kappy5003
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
Hi I've posted this before and have only received ordinary response.

I've conducted numerous virus and other scans all clear.

My services provider claims its its not them and I don't believe its my laptop, as I has used to my phone with different service provider hotlinks still evident.

This only occurs after I log in, if I just browse no hotlink.

My inquiries indicate it may be a method of saving bandwidth.

These hotlink symbols appear multiply on just about every page, with make navigating almost impossible.

Totally frustrated

Last edited:
Top Bottom