Got my MRI Images back and diagnosis GOOD NEWS!!!!!

Bike
2009 Suzuki Vstrom
Soooooo Looks like I have a Meniscus tear in my Left Knee (Hurt it roller skating Nov 29th)....That's flipped into the joint. Ligaments are OK. So Surgeon apt today and surgery to fix it tomorrow- Prognosis is back to normal in a few weeks... No danger of NOT being able to ride... Thank goodness!

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
That is excellent news to hear!

Some hobbies are very dangerous...like riding a bicycle, skydiving and roller skating! :eek:4:

You should stick to the safer ones like motorcycling, playing on your computer...etc...;)

OP
OP
Bike
2009 Suzuki Vstrom
Yeah I know it was a really dumb slow speed fall too...lol.. and Bikes dangerous?.. If yer silly on them yes... and riding around cagers who cant SEE bikes for some stupid reason?... Yeah that's dangerous. Of yeah and then there's deer, raccoons, squirrels, dogs, road snakes, friken birds! Hmmm yeah I guess they are- BRING IT ON!

Bike
2005 ST1300
Be cautious. Meniscus surgery sounds minor but is one of the most screwed up surgeries. Read the stories online. Make sure you know the rehab plan BEFORE you go in. Don't just get it from the nurses, get it from the doctor too. I have had ACL reconstruction and meniscus surgery on my right knee....no problem.

Had meniscus surgery on my left knee 2 years ago. (Bball injury) All screwed up. Wish I would never had the surgery. No arthritis before I went in (or did not feel it). I started feeling it about 10 days after surgery..... Can't get full extension. I think it is related to the mild rehab prescribed by the recovery nurse....only to find out from my surgeon that the nurse gave me the wrong instructions and I should have been on a much more aggressive plan. I am very active at 55 yrs. old so I know the issues are not due to inactivity.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom