Resole America

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
My fairly new Sidi boots needed new soles, which I thought they wore out fairly quickly but they are soft and grip good so they must be like tires the stickier they are the quicker they wear out. I found this company Resole America located in Virginia. They are an authorized Sidi factory resole company. They actually get the soles from Sidi directly. It was a little pricey with $80 for the soles and $18 shipping both ways. I tried them out and could not be happier! They did an excellent job and really looks like factory work!

Attachments

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
I've got a set of BMW boots that need work so I think I'll give them a shout. Thanks for the link...

OP
OP
DaveM
Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention they will resole anything.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Cool.

I think I'll take some pictures of Chris's Sidi soles and see if they think they can resole them.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Cool, I was just looking at my Combat Lite boots from 'stitch made by Sidi. They needed soles last year. Thanks Dave.

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I had a local cobbler do my sidi's $50 he is an old Italian guy and as soon as I showed him the boots he said ah they are Italian I will have to order the soles which he did and in about 7 days I had my boots back I hope he is still around next time they need new soles. But I will keep this place in mind just in case.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Nice to know Dave, I have the Sidi on roads that will need that someday and that price is better than the 300 for new boots. Thank you for the information.

Bike
2005 ST1300
Bones found a cobbler in Springfield MA who was also a rider...He had his done there...He wrote an internet article on it.

Hopefully he chimes in with the link.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Resole America is a short hop from where I live. If there's interest, I'll ask if they'll have me in for a tour sometime this spring and will post up a short summary.

--Mark

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
Will they re sole boots with grey poupon them?

Bike
1200RT, 1200GS
STOC #
I have the same Sidi boots and love them. When I noticed that the soles were wearing out I looked into buying a new pair, even though the uppers were still in great shape. When I found out how expensive they are, I decided to try the resole route and found a local cobbler to replace the soles with a very similar Vibram sole. $60 and two days later, I felt like I had a new pair of boots. So glad I did this...not just the money...the thought of throwing out those perfectly usable boots makes me ill.

Last edited:
Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Great article Bones. This whole thread has me wishing I'd have given a cobbler a try before tossing out my last pair of waterproof Sidi's. They fit like a glove but the soles were as smooth as a baby's bottom.

The eventual replacement for the Sidi's turned out to be VERY expensive. Bought a pair of waterproof Alpinestars in the winter and they seemed just fine. Warmer weather came along and I discovered that they did not breath a bit and they were so hot I couldn't wear them when the temp was above about 80 to 85 degrees. Turned around and bought a pair of TCX Airtechs for summer weather. The result is that I have a heck of a lot of money tied up in boots now. A $50 resole job would have been about 1/10th of what I eventually spent on new boots.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Great article Bones.
Thanks, Mick. Worth noting that the "re-tread" method my cobbler used on my Oxtars is different than a complete resole like Dave got for his Sidis. Both methods appear to provide a good solution depending how your boots were made (soles sewn on or bonded).

As an aside, the Lovely Mrs Bones and I were out at dinner a few weeks ago. It was a busy Friday night so we ate at the bar. As we sat there, who but the cobbler and his wife sat next to us. We enjoyed dinner together. Interesting, the guy doesn't have a computer so he'd never seen himself on the interwebs. I pulled it up the story on my phone and he and his wife read it. Put big smiles on their faces.

Top Bottom