OP
OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
UPDATE: Got a call from Doc last night at 8:45 and he said he was on call and getting ready to do a very long operation and needed to reschedule mine. Crappola! I really want to get this over but understand. I want him to be bright and cheery when he does mine. So sitting around today waiting for his office to call for the new date. Hoping early next week?. I just can't catch a break! Well, not true. I have one-the scaphoid!!

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
I want him to be bright and cheery when he does mine.
LOL! No joke. I've always scheduled my surgeries in the middle of the week for that very reason. Don't want some doc with a Monday morning hangover near me with sharp instruments! :D

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Know you were disappointed... but Mick is right, you want the surgeon to be alert and at the top of his game. Praying they fit you in real soon.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Ugh! I'm sorry to hear that, Gary. I feel your frustration! But as you and others have said, you want the surgeon to be at the top of his game!
Hope they reschedule you asap!

Patty

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Just remember, on the day of the surgery, write 'This One' and 'Not This One' on your arms...

OP
OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Finally got a call from the doc's office late this afternoon and have the surgery rescheduled. We're gonna try again this Friday, same time, same place. So now I have my fingers crossed. Once again to finally get this done!!

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
Good luck on your surgery and recovery. What Joe said, be sure they mark the right one. They did that to my wrist and I thought it silly at first, but mistakes are made. Keep us updated.

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
When I had lasik surgery, I took an old tee shirt, wrote "Ooops!" on it, and drew a circle with a diagonal line through it around the letters. My eye surgeon got a kick out of it when I peeled off my outer shirt.

Good luck and be sure to keep us posted on your progress.

John

OP
OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Surgery update: Surgery went fine. 4 1/2 hours long and doc was able to clean up the ends of the bone, grafted some bone into the cavity between them and put a screw in to hold it together. He told Carole that he was very pleased with the way it turned out. Now it's 2 weeks in this soft cast, Hand raised up, go back for ex rays and take stitches out. Then a hard cast for 10 weeks with ex rays every couple of weeks to monitor the healing process. I'm very happy that he was able to put. The screw in vs pins because pins would have had to come out in the end.
I want to THANK all of you for all the thoughts and prayers for me. It meant the world. So now on to the healing and then our trip to Europe and when we get back I'll be able to get riding once again. Been a long time!!

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
I'm glad things went well, Gary - you were in my thoughts!
The worst is over...things are just going to get better from here! :)

Patty

Bike
2011 BMW R1200GS
STOC #
Good luck with your recovery. Sounds like it will be very tedious. I am recovering from rotator cuff surgery last October. Reading about what all your recovery is going to involve makes it seem like what I have been going through is a walk in the park compared to what you will be enduring. I hope you take the fast road to getting all healed up.

Top Bottom