OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
UPDATE:
Well, went back in last Thursday for them to remove the soft cast. After they cut it off, put it back on temporary so I could go to get some ex rays. Ex ray tech took it off long enough for the pics, then back on and back to doc's office. Finally off for good and stitches removed. Quick look at the nasty cut for the surgery. Quite a bit larger than I expected. Dr Tobias came in, looked at the ex rays and began to explain. Said he was very pleased with the healing process and things in there looked good. I could see the screw on the ex rays. He then proceeded to put the hard cast on. Wow, he did it very fast and professional. Said he's done 10,000 of 'em.

Then he asked when we were heading to Europe and I said May 3rd. He said see ya on March 10th for first follow up but said I should be good to go by Europe time. He did also say that there will be things that I won't be able to do with the right hand again because of the screw. I went in a tail spin!! He reassured me I'll be able to 'twist the throttle' though. Thanks doc! So now it's a 'wait-n-see' game. When all said and done, I'll have been in 2 braces, a full arm cast, a soft cast, and 2 short arms casts for the past 7 months. I'm hoping for the best and I have all the faith in doc. He has been 'above and beyond' what I was expecting.

I do think I'll put a hitch on my KIA and cheat some and pull my new Lees-ure Lite camping trailer to RanchSTOC!! It's been sittin in the garage just waitin!! I'm hoping the guys will give me a break. It's been a long time for me to enjoy life just a little.

Attachments

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Thanks for the update and good news. Having a great surgeon and support staff makes all the difference in the world. Please keep us updated on your progress.

John

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Said he was very pleased with the healing process
Excellent Gary. Great news.

I do think I'll put a hitch on my KIA and cheat some and pull my new Lees-ure Lite camping trailer to RanchSTOC!!
Just be sure and don't push it until that thing's healed up good. I know from first hand experience what can happen when I've made the mistake of doing that in the past.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I do think I'll put a hitch on my KIA and cheat some and pull my new Lees-ure Lite camping trailer to RanchSTOC!! It's been sittin in the garage just waitin!! I'm hoping the guys will give me a break. It's been a long time for me to enjoy life just a little.
Well I will be more than happy to help you. My right thumbs has a couple of aftermarket screws in it also. Us aftermarket guys have to stick together. :D Just glad you can make it! Look forward to seeing you and everyone else!

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Great to read a post that didn't talk of more set backs for you Gary. You can see the light at the end now and that's what counts. Keep a list of guys who give you crap about driving and get it to me.;)

Top Bottom