RaceTech upgrade - need your input!

Bike
05" ST
I'm sure il get some flak from race tech owners but...I rode a race tech modified bike and felt it was too firm for me. What I opted to do was have my suspension guy install a heavier spring out back and put a schrader valve on the shock, fresh shock oil. Heavier fork oil all for about $300. It makes for a nice compromise for those who want a a slightly firmer ride but don't want to spend $1100.

Appalachian

No, the OTHER left!
Bike
Ever evolving
I'm sure il get some flak from race tech owners but...I rode a race tech modified bike and felt it was too firm for me. What I opted to do was have my suspension guy install a heavier spring out back and put a schrader valve on the shock, fresh shock oil. Heavier fork oil all for about $300. It makes for a nice compromise for those who want a a slightly firmer ride but don't want to spend $1100.
If you use race tech's calculator, you'll end up with a much stiffer ride than most street riders really prefer. Their Dual Sport calculations are ridiculous, they assume you want a suspension set up for a paved track day.

Appalachian

No, the OTHER left!
Bike
Ever evolving
Want kind of pricing did gp suspension charge ?
I had $2500+ into one of my street rides, I'm not sure what we had into the two Kawasaki's (race bikes) in retail value because it didn't come out of my pocket, and the relationship wasn't of retail pricing nature. Barry does GREAT work in high performance applications and maintains a presence at the track where you really need him. I chose a different path for DS, Sport-Touring and Touring rides.

Top Bottom