Orange TPMS E1 on both tires after tire change?

Bike
2008 ST 1300
STOC #
I recently changed my tires and now neither front or rear sensor work. After about 20 mins of riding I get a E1 reading for both. I don't have a manual for this is it was installed when I purchased the bike. Does something need to be reset? Does anyone have any helpful advise? Both worked prior to the tire change.

OP
OP
Nm767
Bike
2008 ST 1300
STOC #
Thanks. Looks like I have to deflate and reinforce the tires while in the reset mode to reset the sensors. Hopefully that works. Thanks

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
You'll hear some folks unhappy with the Orange TPMS, but there are some of us very happy with it.

Changing tires should not require you to do the deflation routine. That's just needed when you need to register a new sensor with the head unit. If your sensors were working before the change, the head unit knows their transmitter number and should keep working.

If one quit working I would say the tire changer busted a unit. If both quit working I would hope they did something goofy with your bike and they spiked voltage through the main unit to make it forget the sender units.

Try re-registering the units, if it doesn't work go back to the shop and make'em take the tire off and inspect the unit.

FYI... on the Orange TPMS, the sender units are built into the inside part of the valve stem.

Top Bottom