Capt_Gruuvy: Four years to today or what I have learned about filing for Disability

OP
OP
Capt_Gruuvy

Capt_Gruuvy

Stay-at-Home Astronaut
STOC #
Re: Capt_Gruuvy: Four years to today or what I have learned about filing for Disabili

Good to hear from you Mark... Thanks for checking in with the update! Is your son still going to school up in Rocklin?
Yes he is. He is doing great too. I get up there a couple times so we should grab a coffee or something next time I am up there.

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Re: Capt_Gruuvy: Four years to today or what I have learned about filing for Disabili

Mark,

Thanks for the update. Man, considering where you were before, this is really good news!! Please keep dropping by and provide us regular updates on your progress.

John

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #

Good to here the better news.. I really miss your posts here.. Hope you can hang out here more often.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #

Mark, that is some of the best news I have heard in a long time!! Glad things are going better for you and things have mellowed out. We miss you around here and we sure hope to see you on down the road. If you need anything from us just ask and we will do our best to make it happen!! :D

Mike and Cindy.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #

Glad to hear things are not as bad as initially thought. Maybe someone in Cali can organize a RTE in Victorville so you can have a lot of buddies to ride with for a day!

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #

Yes he is. He is doing great too. I get up there a couple times so we should grab a coffee or something next time I am up there.
Sounds great Mark... Let me know next time you're in the area

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner

Mark,
Glad to see you post an update. It sounds like some things are improving. Now you can wear the shirt that says "I never get lost cuz everyone tells me where to go" with meaning :D:D

This forum hasn't been the same without you.

Wish you all the best,
Mike

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #

Wow, this takes me back... when I first joined the forum, you and Adam were two of my favorites! Have missed both of you. Good to hear you are getting things sorted out and that God is on your side... heck, he is on all our sides, some just don't know it yet. Good hearing from you.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #

Mark, I've thought of you numerous times in the last couple years, missing your posts, wondering, and hoping. Thanks for checking in, and God is good to us!

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #

Thanks for checking in Mark, glad to hear they missed their guess. I hope things get easier as time goes on.

Byron

STOC #

Glad to hear from you Mark, thanks for the update. Were they ever able to determine what triggered/caused this condition? The brain is a complicated organ and more processing power than any computer built to date. Trouble shooting the brain is no small task.

Stay healthy and everything else will fall in place.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800

So happy to see you posting. It was a real downer reading about your plight earlier. This news is good!!! Just the fact that you feel like riding means a lot. Even if you have to buy a QA50 and ride in circles in the back yard I'd say it would be good for your synapse.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #

Yo Cap't!!!
Good to hear you're doing well! (well better than the last time you told us of your travails!)

Hope you get a scoot for your short jaunts and it works out for you!

Mark

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles

Wow, sad but good news.

You know when somebody really needs SSID its nearly impossible to get, yet it seems there are millions of perfectly healthy people running around on it. Makes no sense to me.

Hang in there

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #

Good to see you back Cap'n. I recall a time when the Off Topic forum was buzzin and was always the first I read. Quite a few characters have come and gone, all missed, so stick around. :)

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #

Mark, it is good to hear from you and things are better. If you do get a bike, scooter, what ever, send me a PM, we'll go somewhere and i"ll get you home in the same day. Unless of course, I get lost, but that is part of the fun :).

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #

Great to hear from you, mon capitaine. All the best.

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #

Great news, Capt! I remember when you changed jobs and started driving for Shneider. Every time I see an orange truck, I remember your detailed post about the size and the inertia these big trucks have. It is great to hear from you again and do hope that riding will be back in your future. Did you ever considered a smaller scooter ? Thinking manly of the PCX150 or the Forza (300 cc)

Bike
'93 ST1100
STOC #

Great to see your post and to hear things are looking up for you. I know what you've been going through being that finally after a year and a half I've kinda accepted no longer being able to ride or drive due to my diagnosis of Alzheimers with the onset of advanced early dementia. Hang in there buddy.

Gary

Last edited:

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #

Good to here the better news..Hope you can hang out here more often.

Top Bottom