Aprilia Mana

veefore

See you at my intervention!
Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
So my cousin has a 2009 Aprilia Mana 850 that has less than 600 miles on it that he purchased new as a leftover 2 years ago. He had scooters and this was the next logical step with its automatic tranny. As you can see from the mileage he hasn't ridden it and has decided that it's not for him.
The automatic doesn't appeal to me but I'd like to ride it and see what it's like, it's a nice looking bike. Why is it that I look upon it as I would a puppy about to go to the shelter???? My wife would kill me.........we're pressed for space in the garage as it is. I know he's going to sell it for a lot less that it's worth and I can't help being curious.........anyone have experience with these?
image.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
2003 ST1300
There is no shame in telling her that the Mana is safer in traffic, and I'm sure she would want that for you.

OP
OP
veefore

veefore

Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Heh......she'd probably push me into traffic, lol

Muchmore

Train killer
Bike
13 BMW K1600GTL
Auto's on bike aren't my thing but they are great looking bike in person. Something to be said about Italian styling :)

OP
OP
veefore

veefore

Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Auto's on bike aren't my thing but they are great looking bike in person. Something to be said about Italian styling :)
Agreed, and I second your thought about the styling . He's offered to let me ride it, I'm going to have to take it for a spin.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
A good friend has over 10,000 miles on one that he bought new.
Not a shred of a problem with it.

He too started with a scoot and moved to the mana when he noted that the scoot (a Honda Silverwing) had gotten 'small' in his words.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
It is discussed on the NC700 forums as they are similar and there is an owner or two in there. They are expensive to maintain but has that Italian cachet. A CVT belt replacement runs about $1000 but you won't need one until 10 or 12,000 miles.

OP
OP
veefore

veefore

Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
He still has it and he's motivated to sell it...........450 miles and a ridiculously low price. I don't even really want it but I feel obligated by the motorcycle gods............

OP
OP
veefore

veefore

Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
So how was the couch last night?
:)
The pics were taken by him....
I'm tortured right now, I just went out for a four hour ride on the ST to weight the pros and cons of buying it in my head.......the result?? No answer.........maybe beer will help......:D
Another battery.......more oil.........insurance...........Jesus this is why I sold my Hawk GT

Last edited:
Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
The pics were taken by him....
I'm tortured right now, I just went out for a four hour ride on the ST to weight the pros and cons of buying it in my head.......the result?? No answer.........maybe beer will help......:D
Another battery.......more oil.........insurance...........Jesus this is why I sold my Hawk GT
That's why I sold my GL1000's...used the cash and garage space for the ST1100. I refurbished the ST and learned enough about it to suspect it will cost much less to maintain than the three older bikes; not to mention the insurance dropped by 1/2. I'm retired now and really need to un-hoard a bit more. More time in the garage and all my two wheeled 'treasures' are simply in the way. There was a perfectly good reason I bought all this crap...just can't seem to remember it.

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
You know that if he sends her to the pound they will put her down. How could you? Or your wife let that happen? Good looking bike. Good luck!

Top Bottom