When doing timing belt

Bike
92 ST1100
Knowing your planning a LD ride, may wanna remove, clean and re-seal some of the pri. ign. plug-ins, specially the VR plug-in. But I'm sure as an XSessive, you already knew that:rolleyes:. Also, removing the regulator and cleaning backside of it and mounting plate make for better heat sink;). JAT as opposed to the all important smoke escaping when your 400mi. from nowhere.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #

acedantinne

Site Supporter
Bike
04-st1300, 15-1200RT
STOC #
Easy John, I'm retired, but tons of work too do. Repairs of all sorts.

John this tools is Honda shop tool used for Older Hondas to hold Stators, Clutch baskets. Now, The instructor would add, some other applications' for said tool.
In this case Dave mechanic for Honda shop showed me what he learned. Replacing belt on HIS ST1100.

On another note I did not respond to spring, broken. To me any one who has worked on a X belt=ST1100 knows the spring is ONLY used to apply tension to belt at FIRST/NEW. Torque bolt, the spring is static.
The lower hook/loop on this spring was found broken, We believe it drop on to turning belt & help in its destruction. That was highway speed.

Did a leak down on ALL cylinders. Before order went in for parts. Bike ran fine, back to Maryland.

Attachments

Top Bottom