970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
There is a picture of it in #78 of this thread.

It is on the highest setting, and besides being too low, after riding on a RDL for so long, I find that the Laam is narrower and my :butt1: isn't supported on the sides as well as it was with the RDL.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, I'm not that happy with it so far, but I'll continue using it this week.

I just bought a RDL off this site. Should get here in a week or so, I'll decide between them and see what happens.
That rear seat is also missing the third stitch to match the front. Wow maybe I wont have him re-due my seat.

Bike
'15 FJR ES
I'm jealous! I've been trying to get a hold of Laam for nearly 2 months. Called every other day and left messages and emailed numerous times. I'm about to send my seat to mean city cycles.
I have read similar things on other forums and I am always surprised. I called the man this morning and he answered the phone. He almost always answers the phone, when I call and he always sounds happy to hear from me. I have never had trouble getting him.

That rear seat is also missing the third stitch to match the front. Wow maybe I wont have him re-due my seat.
That is how he does them, I have seen lots of pics of his seats in addition to my own and he always puts more stitching in the driver's seat. I have no idea why but after dealing with him I am sure he would be happy to give a reason and would probably do it however you want it done.

Bike
2005 ST1300
I have read similar things on other forums and I am always surprised. I called the man this morning and he answered the phone. He almost always answers the phone, when I call and he always sounds happy to hear from me. I have never had trouble getting him
Caller ID??

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I love my Laam seat and have nothing but good to say about the man and the product. Thanks to Redfish telling me about Laam and how great it is, I can now ride all day without having a very ugly overpriced seat that would damage my image of being waaay cool.

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I have a Laam seat also and love it. I will admit I had a hard time getting hold of him when I wanted to have some adjustments made. Precedents paid off and I was finally able to discuss the adjustments with him. I get the feeling that he is quite happy with being a one man show type of business and has plenty of customers to support this. If he losses a customer or two along the way because they can't get a hold of him he will most likely survive. His product is that good and priced right.

I do agree with the butt ugly look of some of the competitors seats. If I wanted a seat that looked like a Harley seat, I would buy a Harley.

Last edited:
Bike
2005 ST1300
I love my Laam seat and have nothing but good to say about the man and the product. Thanks to Redfish telling me about Laam and how great it is, I can now ride all day without having a very ugly but very comfortable overpriced seat that would damage my image of being waaay cool.
I corrected this for you.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
Thanks Andrew--I would be cooler if I were riding in Colorado right now. It is my dream which I live by reading your annual ride reports.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Okay, got my LAAM back after adjustments. Still a little low, but I'm going to try it for a week and see what I decide. I was hoping to be able to have it high enough that it would work on the middle setting, but I still have to have it on the highest setting.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Okay, got my LAAM back after adjustments. Still a little low, but I'm going to try it for a week and see what I decide. I was hoping to be able to have it high enough that it would work on the middle setting, but I still have to have it on the highest setting.
And then what happens when it starts to break down?

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
And then what happens when it starts to break down?
I figure that by the end of this or next week, I should decide if I call him again or not. I'm not sure how many adjustments he is willing to make, but we will see! :eek:4:

Just looked on his website:

Comfort Guarantee
Your seat should be more comfortable than your stock seat was. If for some reason your seat is not, simply fill out our adjustment form and submit, ship your seat back to us at the assigned date and we will adjust the seat until it is right for you. There is no limit on how many times you can do this.

So it could be going back in a week or so. Or less... but if it's going to cost me $15 every time I send it back...adds to the total cost pretty fast! :eek:4:

Maybe I should just get a new Russell!

Last edited:

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I really like me Laam seat, but it is slippery with textile riding pants and the stitching lets water in. When you sit down on it after a rain, you get a wet butt.

Top Bottom