ST 1300 rear brakes locked up any ideas

Jammaman

R.I.P. - 2022/02/02
Rest In Peace
my 1300 w/abs fired up just fine after winter, but rear brake is locked, not a mechanic at all, I checked the fluid, depressed the rear brake pedal several times, so there it sits. Stuck in the"rear" so to speak any ideas.

If it has to go to a dealer, how do you get it there? Is there a certain tow truck equipped to pick up the bike without damaging the paint or tupperware?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Doug/ jammaman

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
Yep, fairly classic symptom.

Check for play in the SMC. I bet there is none. Crack the bleader on the rear caliper to relieve the pressure and you will be able to move the bike.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
my 1300 w/abs fired up just fine after winter, but rear brake is locked, not a mechanic at all, I checked the fluid, depressed the rear brake pedal several times, so there it sits. Stuck in the"rear" so to speak any ideas.

If it has to go to a dealer, how do you get it there? Is there a certain tow truck equipped to pick up the bike without damaging the paint or tupperware?

Doug/ jammaman
Pm me a contact number and I will call you on the white courtesy phone and see if I can assist you.

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #

Doug/ jammaman
Doug,
I can come down and help you with that but I'm tied up for the next two weekends so it would be mid March before I can come down. Be glad to help if you can wait that long. Let me know.
Fali

OP
OP
Jammaman

Jammaman

R.I.P. - 2022/02/02
Rest In Peace
Fali, thank you my friend. I am currently in Mi, will be back in Ga in Apr will be in touch thanks to all!

Top Bottom