PR2 - Decided

Bike
KTM Adv 1190 R
I've been reading all the Michelin posts people have on here... great info !!

I haven't had to buy for a few years and my current set of Mich will get me to about San Diego on a trip I have in couple months...

Not knowing the area - tire shops / tire dealers I would really appreciate any info from some locals to get a cheap set of PR2s and installed..

Thank You !!

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I've been reading all the Michelin posts people have on here... great info !!

I haven't had to buy for a few years and my current set of Mich will get me to about San Diego on a trip I have in couple months...

Not knowing the area - tire shops / tire dealers I would really appreciate any info from some locals to get a cheap set of PR2s and installed..

Thank You !!

Well, it seems that PR2s are getting harder to find. You might want to find a set and have them shipped down here.

Depending what part of San Diego you are planning to be in and when, if it's on a Saturday, if Byron is free and I'm in town, you could have them shipped to me, and when you stop by, Byron and I could help you change them out. But, that means the stars would all have to line up. Other than that, there are a number of dealerships around that would be more than happy to rape you over for some tire changing...just can't promise that you will get PR2s...

OP
OP
brbo
Bike
KTM Adv 1190 R
Thanks Sabre - I don't mind the cost of install if its a good place and dont bang up my rims - if you know of one... thanks for the offer !!

It's just getting them to somewhere and being able to make it work out... I can go PR3 if need be...

It may even be a bit premature on requiring them but being on a long trip I don't mind losing 15-20% of remaining tread...

I'll be just finishing up (fingers crossed) a B2B Insanity ! and I figured San Diego would be a good place to get this done...

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Since I don't trust any of them, I can't really recommend any of them.

It sounds like you if you are heading to the border, you'll be about 90 miles south of where I am at, so you might have to wait for someone a little closer to the border to pipe in for a recommendation.

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Actually I'll be heading back North after the IB run....
Then, we might be able to help! :D

When you are sure of the dates, give myself and Byron a ping. If Byron isn't available, we could remove your rims at my place and take them down to the local Stealer to have the tires mounted. But I would still recommend you order them soon, so you will have them.

OP
OP
brbo
Bike
KTM Adv 1190 R
That's a great offer - thank you... I may take you up on it !!

Dates if all goes as planned - 05/19/14 1am Vancouver -05/20/14 1am Tijuana....if not it will be "less insanity" at 05/20/14 3pm !!

I was thinking about ordering the week or so before... stock worse case on one set of PR2s PR3s or PR4s shouldnt be an issue ?

Anyone have any really good deals online to look at ?

These guys seem really good...

Attachments

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
That's a great offer - thank you... I may take you up on it !!

Dates if all goes as planned - 05/19/14 1am Vancouver -05/20/14 1am Tijuana....if not it will be "less insanity" at 05/20/14 3pm !!

I was thinking about ordering the week or so before... stock worse case on one set of PR2s PR3s or PR4s shouldnt be an issue ?

Anyone have any really good deals online to look at ?

These guys seem really good...
Dang, Except from about May 3rd through about May 20th... I'm taking the wife to Hawaii for our 40th from the 8th to the 18th....:(

If you can hit us around the 31st (24th might be do able), I can help you....are your dates flexible?

I've ordered tires a number of times through them, and yes they are good.

OP
OP
brbo
Bike
KTM Adv 1190 R
Well that blows for me anyhow...

Congrats !! Have a great Trip... so rather than a Ruby you are going for crystals, pearls and spam ? I would too...

Unfortunately there is another run I'll be hitting going north so somewhat limited in hanging around south...

I will bookmark those guys for sure - they seem to be one of the better deals I found and if I can ship to somewhere it will make for a thrifty decision..

Tx BB

Top Bottom