abs 2 front wheel sensor mounting bracket

Byron

STOC #
I'm not familiar with 1100 but looking at the parts fiche at Service Honda I was able to find 45231-MAJ-G41 BRACKET, FR. SENSOR

Not sure if it is the right bracket so you should probably double check.

(Looks like I was beaten to the punch! :) )

Bike
Vstrom 650
I broke /cracked the main bracket on the right side,just above the anti dive valve, I'm trying to find a used one on ebay,not easy,
I think the oem part number is 45210-MAJ-G41

Bike
Vstrom 650
I wonder will the bracket for any other linked brake abs Honda fit,it would also have to have the anti dive on the right fork, I suppose I'm clutching at straws.

Last edited:

Byron

STOC #
I broke /cracked the main bracket on the right side,just above the anti dive valve, I'm trying to find a used one on ebay,not easy,
I think the oem part number is 45210-MAJ-G41
Seems this part number is only used on 1996 to 2002 ST1100 ABS models.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Thanks, yeah it looks that way,crazy price new, I'm going to see if it can be welded,only broke on the outside/thin side of the bracket if you understand me.
Looks to be a washer under the bolt head that shouldn't be there! The top of the bolt should be flush with the surface of the bracket. No wonder it cracked. :(

John

edit: item 21, http://www.ronayers.com/FRONT-BRAKE-CALIPER-2-C191196.aspx, no washer. The bolt bottoms into a blind hole. The bolt head simply rests in the hole in the bracket. I'm sure an ABSII owner could post a picture of their caliper mounted.

Last edited:
Bike
Vstrom 650
Looks to be a washer under the bolt head that shouldn't be there! The top of the bolt should be flush with the surface of the bracket. No wonder it cracked.
Wow good spot John thanks, I mixed up the bolts,the top one holds the abs sensor,the bottom one goes through the anti dive collar, I had the wheel off getting it balanced, I feel like an idiot now, I couldn't understand why it broke so easy,I hadn't that much pressure on the allen key:(
Both bolts are 5mm allen heads,same lengh but one has a collar, that's what I get for rushing,
going to be an expensive fix unless I can find one from a bike breakers, and typical we have lovely spring weather now and the ST is off the road.

Bike
Vstrom 650
Well I have searched ebay and every breaker I can and no one has one of these front right brackets. Plenty of left ones from abs11 bikes but not a single right anywhere which is strange, maybe I'm not the first person to break one.

Bike
Vstrom 650
Just rushing putting her back together,someone chatting to me at the same time,one of those things,
I'm sure it's happened before though because there isn't a secondhand right front caliper bracket to be found for the abs11 bikes, the bike breakers have any amount of left side ones so that tells me the right side ones are in demand.

Top Bottom