jonjonboo went down yesterday--rearended by HD ridin brother

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Andy--we will go riding soon. My brother started riding 10 years ago and I have suggested more times than I can count to take a rider safety course, he won't. As for me I have taken 4 in the past 35 years.The first was given to me by the California hwy patrol compliments of the US Marine Corp. I have 2 given by the Deutsch motorad faren Schule in Germany. Several hundred thousand miles later with no accidents until rear ended last---I think I know how to ride.
Just have him lead the ride! Avoid the problem all together!

OP
OP
jonjonboo
Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
The day when my brother rear ended me we rode @400 miles. That day I witnessed him make every classic mistake possible. We will not go riding together again--in fact I am leery of riding with anyone that has not had proper training or much experience. If someone is willing to listen to me and take my advice with radio comm I would be happy to teach them how to properly ride.My youngest son is 15 and loves motorcycles, I will teach him Most certainly.

Last edited:
Bike
'15 FJR ES
Andy--we will go riding soon. My brother started riding 10 years ago and I have suggested more times than I can count to take a rider safety course, he won't. As for me I have taken 4 in the past 35 years.The first was given to me by the California hwy patrol compliments of the US Marine Corp. I have 2 given by the Deutsch motorad faren Schule in Germany. Several hundred thousand miles later with no accidents until rear ended last---I think I know how to ride.
My friend, having ridden behind you I can say that I KNOW you know how to ride.

I just found it funny how the longer this thread went on it started becoming YOUR fault your brother hit you. While I am all about taking responsibility, let us put the fault where it belongs. Your brother hit you. His fault. DONE!

Bike
BMW F650GS
STOC #
Prompted and inspired by the revival of this thread, I've just signed on of the Experienced Rider refresher course from MSF.

Thanks for the nudge.
FYI...I'd equate the ERC to the second day of the Basic Rider Course. It's a decent tune up for someone who has had their bike parked all winter long. But for my money, the ARC-Advanced Rider Course is the way to go. It's more talk and less ride, but you'll talk and then practice swerving while in a curve, shifting your body around to keep the bike on the fat part of the tires (and lessen the possibility of touching hard parts down), braking and then moving out of the way as if you saw someone in your mirror not stopping, swerving while in a straight line, trail braking (way more useful that you'd ever believe), and more. Darned good course!

Geoffrey Greene
Knoxville, Tennessee

OP
OP
jonjonboo
Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
Your brother hit you. His fault. DONE!
Thanks Andy. I just wanted to put in here that I finally got the money his insurance should have paid already. When I first posted this I was amazed how many stated their brother's were awesome and they had a great riding relationship blah blah blah. I am happy for you, this post aint about you----it's about my ******* brother rear ending me like a dumbass (he still is) and trying to lie to his insurance. Just because I publicly acknowledge my brother IS an ******* does not make ME a bad person or rider.

Top Bottom