2014 Minuteman 1000

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I am new to the rally scene but I did the Rip Van Winkle in NY last fall and I think I am hooked. It is just the right mix of computer geek and motorcycle. I am attending the Nutmeg in April and was wondering if I can wait until after that to sign up for the Minuteman? I am not ready to commit to the 24 hour yet. Does the Minuteman historically fill up quickly or should I be ok waiting until mid April to sign up? I also want to get some solid night riding in with my new ADV60s to make sure that they are going to be sufficient for a 24 hour event (after reading in the archives about the Shuey double deer strike in one night:confused:).

Bob

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
Bob, in the last 3 years I have rode the Minuteman I have yet to see it fill up. That said this is the 10th year of it, so who knows. See you in CT for the Nutmeg.. Keep in mind you do not have to ride all night, its your call as to how well you want to place in any rally. If you are ok with a mid pack finish you can take a good part of the night off. Keep in mind I think Shuey hit both deer at dusk and dawn on that rally.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Count me on the list of entrants. I just fabbed up my aux tank yesterday and have to do some wiring and maintenance.

I have no idea why the crazy crowded schedules for MC events. I have two rallies back to back weekends; a LD IBA ride to Chicago the weekend following the CF1000; and Moonshine would have made it 4 weekends in a row. Then June only has the Minuteman, and July has nothing- both prime riding months. Oh well...if these things were easy everyone would be doing them!

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Bob, I am signed up for both the Nutmeg and Minuteman rally along with the Cape Fear Rally. Should be a fun time......see you there.

OP
OP
bwoodsom
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Congratulations NHdiesel, DaveM and Scuba Dave on your top 5 finishes ( don't recall the actual results, NHdiesel was 2nd overall) in the Nutmeg 400. I bow to thee.

Top Bottom