GL1500 cruise switch fitment

It's that time of year ! Time to get the bike (2001 st1100) outta the shed and into the garage and start to tinker.
The Rosta CC is, hopefully, my project this year and I really appreciate the info already shared here. Great work!

Right now I'm deciding whether to use the right switch off the Goldwing or not. If you have done that mod. I would be curious how much clearance you lose between the tank and the throttle cables when the bars go full to stops.
This might be a deal killer as I only have 3/4 inch as it is . I use Heli bars on my 2001 st1100 and kinda need them adjusted where they are to deal with some "old guy" joint pain.

I was also wondering which switch to buy. It seems there are two different models available on ebay; a 89-96 and a 97-2000 model. Ebay prices are pretty high. Especially if this one on bikebandit (#4) is the proper full assembly at only 87 dollars:
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1998-honda-gold-wing-aspencade-gl1500a/o/m151443#sch32422

I'm kinda hooked on the idea of cruise control on the bike. I can see myself tooling down the freeway this summer, just knockin off the miles between Washington and Minnesota with a flick of a button. ohhhh yeahhhh !
Any help appreciated,
Regards.
Matt

Bike
1991 ST1100
STOC #
I found a used one on Ebay. It was the 89-96 version. I did have to drill a hole in the handlebars about an inch from the previous hole so that the notch on the switch on the control doesn't rotate. From what I recall, the newer switch is lighted. The harness plugs up easily. There is an extra set of wires in the harness that are not used. Also, the harness is a good bit longer than the stock harness on the switch.

Double check to make sure the Goldwing switch has the cruise control buttons. Some only have the kill switch and starter switch.

I installed my Rostra Cruise control last summer, and I really enjoyed it on trips. It is really nice not having to worry about speeding tickets.

OP
OP
Did you notice if the gl1500 switch reduced the clearance between the "so-called" gas tank and the handlebars ?

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Just wondering if you got your cruise control all lined out? I did this mod on my '98 with 4" samson risers. If you are still working on it and need any info, let me know.

Top Bottom