Suits Crash This Ducati, and an Airbag Goes Off- in Your Suit

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
I think Dainese had such like 10 years ago... never really sold though...

...interesting at a parking-lot tip-over... KABUMM! you're the Michelin-man :lol:

bibendum-the-michelin-man-7.jpg

OP
OP
Andrew Shadow

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
The innovation of this one is that it is triggered by the crash sensors on the motorcycle as opposed to self-deployed as were the previous jackets. The advantage is that it triggers earlier thereby affording protection sooner. It does all this via wireless connectivity with the bike.

There is also a new (although a step back technologically) system called Helite (https://www.helite.com/) that is worthwhile to explore as an alternative (a lot less $$$ too). Rather than gyroscopes and microsensors that Dainese uses, it's purely mechanical (a tether strap attached to some part of your bike - fall off, tether pulls pin of CO2 cannister, and poof!). The jacket (or vest if you prefer) also boasts "turtle technology" in which the air bladder covers the neck and pushes up against the helmet making your head immobile so you don't get any whiplash symptoms or worse. I myself have not purchased one yet but I am seriously considering it. I've read some of the testimonials from the Revzilla page but I was wondering if any of this forum's readers have had any experience with this product.

Top Bottom