Purchasing a MC out of state and having it shipped?

OP
OP
Gug

Gug

Bike
18' Goldwing Tour
Nice looking skoot..........if you want you could have them drop it in Minnesota and I could ride it the rest of the way to you.........:D........just a thought..........ff
I'll keep it in mind. I have followed them since the 70's and always wanted one. I am at a point in my life where it could happen. My plans are just local jumps to bike nights, coffee shops and such. This bike will never be redlined or ever run hard. I will likely be in 6th gear most :D of the time by 40MPH or so.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I'll keep it in mind. I have followed them since the 70's and always wanted one. I am at a point in my life where it could happen. My plans are just local jumps to bike nights, coffee shops and such. This bike will never be redlined or ever run hard. I will likely be in 6th gear most :D of the time by 40MPH or so.
Yeah, that'll make a nice grocery getter....hehehe

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
Not to worry. They are an MV dealer--should be no problem. I bought a bike in MI from a private party & had it shipped to SoCal. First time I saw the bike was when it was unloaded in front of my house.

I know most of the dealers in Escondido/San Marcos & they are straight up. Bought a Tiger 1050 from Escondido BMW.

You're gonna love that bike. Wouldn't mind having one myself....

OP
OP
Gug

Gug

Bike
18' Goldwing Tour
I want to Thank everyone who commented and especially those that called me. Particularly Supra Saber who graciously offered and went to give the bike a look see, take some pics and forward them to me. A couple others called and contacted me directly as well. I want to Thank all of you. This is such a great place and each of you contribute to that.

I filled out the paperwork and sent a check yesterday to procure this bike.

Attachments

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Congrats on the new skoot...........I am envious........ride the heck out of it......................ff

Bike
2005 ST1300
Thanks for the check. I gave half to Super Sabre and we are both headed to the border!:D

Congrats!

OP
OP
Gug

Gug

Bike
18' Goldwing Tour
I finally took delivery of the bike yesterday. There is definitely going to be a new learning curve with this one. This bike weighs only 403 lb. and it is not comparable "clearly" in weight to the ST. It's fast and I haven't gotten past the 1st 300 miles of breakin utilizing no more than 4500 RPM's. As I mentioned earlier I plan on riding it locally and taking it to bike nights and short jaunts. Is "Torqee" a word, that describes part of the power curve on this bike. I don't ever plan to redline this bike, it is scary fast at a half throttle in 3rd gear. For that matter I have never redlined the ST in over 106K. It handles incredibly well, reacts quickly to minimal movement, it makes you feel like your an instrument on the bike.

Again, I want to Thank all of you who chimed in to help me along here. A special "Thanks" to Bob (SupraSabre) for taking a look at the bike and giving me a update live at Moto Forza in Escondido, CA. A great group of people.

Attachments

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
The seat doesn't look as... um... brutale as it does in MV's pictures.

Enjoy the new scooter!

--Mark

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
It's beautiful................lucky man...........best looking donut getter I've seen in a long time..........:D...........keep the wheels on the ground.................ff

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I finally took delivery of the bike yesterday. There is definitely going to be a new learning curve with this one. This bike weighs only 403 lb. and it is not comparable "clearly" in weight to the ST. It's fast and I haven't gotten past the 1st 300 miles of breakin utilizing no more than 4500 RPM's. As I mentioned earlier I plan on riding it locally and taking it to bike nights and short jaunts. Is "Torqee" a word, that describes part of the power curve on this bike. I don't ever plan to redline this bike, it is scary fast at a half throttle in 3rd gear. For that matter I have never redlined the ST in over 106K. It handles incredibly well, reacts quickly to minimal movement, it makes you feel like your an instrument on the bike.

Again, I want to Thank all of you who chimed in to help me along here. A special "Thanks" to Bob (SupraSabre) for taking a look at the bike and giving me a update live at Moto Forza in Escondido, CA. A great group of people.
Great news Dennis! I hope you enjoy it!

OP
OP
Gug

Gug

Bike
18' Goldwing Tour
Glad it all worked out for you! That looks like a sweet machine!! Enjoy it!! :D
I am!

The seat doesn't look as... um... brutale as it does in MV's pictures.

Enjoy the new scooter!

--Mark
The seat isn't very comfortable, but then it's not supposed to be. I part of the problem is the synthetic the stock seat is made of is rather slippery. Of course MV makes a seat that is non-skid that I may end up going to or get ahold of Spencer and see what he can do in the fall.

It's beautiful................lucky man...........best looking donut getter I've seen in a long time..........:D...........keep the wheels on the ground.................ff
Thanks.

Great news Dennis! I hope you enjoy it!
Bob,

Thanks Again! I am having an amazing time on it.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
A special "Thanks" to Bob (SupraSabre) for taking a look at the bike and giving me a update live at Moto Forza in Escondido, CA.
Just saw on the 11 o'clock news that Moto Forza burned down, and appears to be a total loss. Hope they can rebuild and continue on.

Bike
1992 ST1100
STOC #
I bought a 92' ST1100 from Road Track and Trail in Wisconsin a few years ago sight unseen. RTT guaranteed complete satisfaction. They offered to buy it back when I was ready change rides or take it back if it didn't meet my approval . The bike was high mileage 102K miles. The bike was perfect cosmetically and mechanically. It arrived in an enclosed semi trailer.
I was really pleased and happy. One of the best buying experiences of my life.

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
I don't know how you fell about but I did a fly and ride for my bike rode FRO Maryland back to kansas .if time restraints at an issue I could do that for you if that's any cheaper for you

Bike
2005 ST1300
Yup, sadly true, Moto Forza in Escondido was a total loss on Saturday night, 2 alarm fire, hundreds of bikes destroyed. Nice folks in that shop, been there a number of times. I hope they can re-build it. My heart goes out to the owners and the staff.

Top Bottom