pirelli angel gt short review

Just added the std spec Angel GTs to my ride. Hoping to be in the 10k side of the mileage chart, as I consider myself more to the touring side of the ST. Not many miles yet but can immediately say they grip much better than the Stone 020 that was taken off. Had Ride on added to each also.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Had Ride on added to each also.
What is Ride on? A tire puncture sealant? When I had my last tire changed, the shop showed me some goo inside the tire and said there was so much of it on the rim that it took their tire changing guy almost half an hour to clean it all off using solvents. I think I ended up paying 10 or $15 more for this than originally quoted. I'm not complaining, but since I don't need to change tires all that often, until I find someone nearby with a tire changer, I'll have to pay a shop to do it for me.

For us tyres wear better when we're on tour, I suspect that's because we're not hurrying for an appointment or out solo for a play in the bends, just touring around gently and appreciating the sights. Long distance touring will also be cutting down on the stop/start town riding style which increases tyre wear.

Whilst I accept that the Angel GT may give a shorter tyre life I personally would trade that against wet/dry grip and comfort they give us every time.
I agree on every point. LD touring often includes long stretches on the interstate - mostly straight line riding.

What is Ride on? A tire puncture sealant?
Tire shop recommended Ride on. A wheel balancer and sealant. A good write up on this site with video. I'd add the link if I knew how. Video shows it remains in the center of the tire only, to balance and seal. Cleans up with water. Some sealants do as you say :drool1:, I have always avoided those, but have used internal balancers before. New tires and balancer = nice smooth ride :run1:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Has anybody used both the regular and A-Spec GT rear tires? If so what advantage(s) did you see of one over the other?

Top Bottom