pirelli angel gt short review

OP
OP
Igofar
Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
Approaching 9K miles on the set...front has 3mm left to the top of the wear bar, the rear has 3mm left towards the center of the tire, and about 4mm towards the edge. Thinking I'll have to replace these soon.
9K is not all that bad considering the thrashing I've given these tires. Think I'll put another set on when the time comes to replace them.

woodybelle

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300
That is interesting about the wear remaining. My BT023 GTs only have 4mm to the wear bars on the front and 5mm on the rear when brand new.

Just curious: How did you determine the above pressures for the Angle GTs on the ST?

Does it work better than the traditional 42/42 recommended in the owner's manual?

cb
Nope, just pulled it out of....WAG, really. Just couldn't remember the recommended. I'll go to 42/42 and see if there's a difference.

OP
OP
Igofar
Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
Well I just rolled past 10,600 miles on my Angel GT's, and they are still handling normal with no cupping or noise, and I still have a couple mm before I hit the wear bars on the front tire.
The rear tire is just starting to touch a couple of the wear bars on the inside edge, so I just ordered another set. IMHO these tires have lasted and handled better than my prior PR2 and PR3 tires.
I never felt the wiggle and sidewall flex that I did on the Michelins, nor the greasy feeling towards the end of the tires life.
And I find they cost less than the PR3 or PR4 and are easier to find.

Thanks for the updated feedback on the Angels, Larry.

Unfortunately, I've not been afforded the opportunity to test the longevity of the Angels:
* At less than 1k miles, the front picked up a Spiral nail
* Just this last Sat, with around 4k miles on the rear, it picked up a scaffolding nail (replacement to arrive today).

Bike
ST1300
I'm about to order a set of the Angel GT's, I was wondering you guys that are running them, did you go with the "A Spec." version (the info says A Spec. for heavy-duty sport touring models) or the standard one?

How about the size? I see A Spec. closest size is the 180/55-17.
The standard Angel GT has our OE 170/60-17 size. Does anyone know if the 180 would fit? Eyeballing it, it seems like it would. TIA.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I'm about to order a set of the Angel GT's, I was wondering you guys that are running them, did you go with the "A Spec." version (the info says A Spec. for heavy-duty sport touring models) or the standard one?

How about the size? I see A Spec. closest size is the 180/55-17.
The standard Angel GT has our OE 170/60-17 size. Does anyone know if the 180 would fit? Eyeballing it, it seems like it would. TIA.
180 will fit on the ST.

Bike
2020 Africa Twin DCT
Greg, did you find yourself riding a bit quicker with the Pirelli's? I'm realized I'm entering hard turns somewhat faster with the Angel GT than I was with the PR3's, simply because it feels more confident. I'm babying my new Angel GT rear intentionally, will see if it can reach 6,000 miles.

Greg, did you find yourself riding a bit quicker with the Pirelli's? I'm realized I'm entering hard turns somewhat faster with the Angel GT than I was with the PR3's, simply because it feels more confident. I'm babying my new Angel GT rear intentionally, will see if it can reach 6,000 miles.
Watch out ... SteveST1300 will denounce the Angel GTs as a substandard tire.

For me, incredible grip in dry and wet, and 8k miles later, they still look new, tread-wear wise.

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Watch out ... SteveST1300 will denounce the Angel GTs as a substandard tire.
I didn't denounce them mearly stated what another members experience was on a much lighter bike than the ST. I have no personal experience with them and was going to try them when that same friend told me his experience with them on another brand of bike. So I passed on them I never judged the tire. Just what the wear would be on the ST. And as with all tires everyones experience and wear is different.

I didn't denounce them mearly stated what another members experience was on a much lighter bike than the ST. I have no personal experience with them and was going to try them when that same friend told me his experience with them on another brand of bike. So I passed on them I never judged the tire. Just what the wear would be on the ST. And as with all tires everyones experience and wear is different.
As well not putting down the tire just looking for the reason my front Wore down as fast as the rear. Going into a turn alittle harder may account some for more wear.either way I like the tire

Bike
2005 ST 1300
Thanks for the input on Angel GT. I am encouraged by your findings because I purchased a set of these to replace my 023GT Bridgestone. The 023GT gave acceptable performance but nothing 'special'. Hope I can get 9m out of the Angel GT's....

Well after 2 sets I'm going back to the roadsmarts.got alittle over 4000 miles out of them
And worn the front out at the same time as the rear again.a great tire for handling but the mileage suffers due to a soft compound

OP
OP
Igofar
Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
Must be an east coast road thing....I am on my third or fourth set and get beteen 9k-12k out of a set.
And I replace then when it reaches the twi, not riding on a bald unsafe tire.

Bike
ST1300 - Black
Just purchased a set Angle GT, I ran 2 set Bridgstone T20 & T23 and both sets gave me a cupping on the front tires. Like see how the Angle GT tire pattern cup or not cup?

Top Bottom