Don't know what this is? Please help. For engine? For Trans?

Hi, I have attached a picture of this module. It is on my 2004 ST1300 I'm trying to figure out what it is for? It is mounted just above and to the left of battery...it is definitely aftermarket...the 4 conductor loom runs up the right side of bike and looks like it runs to rear lower part of engine. I'm wondering if it is a speedo healer, some performance type chip or what. There are no numbers or letters on it anywhere. Not sure what senders would be at back of engine. The bike seems to run fine, but it looks like the module has burnt a bit.
Any help identifying this would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

Bike
2006 ST 1300A
STOC #
Is that a plug in wiring loom on the left.
If it is ,why not try running the bike whilst stationary and on the center stand , and then unplugging the device, then try all of the electrical circuits in turn to see what is effected.
The dip switches suggest to me that there is some sort of tune-able function or operator variable effect so I would take a note of the settings before I did any playing with it,
Let us know what you find out.
Cheers , Winston66

OP
OP
Thanks very much for helping me out. I didn't think bike would need one with shaft drive preventing gearing change.I hated having something on bike I didn't recognize.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I didn't think bike would need one with shaft drive preventing gearing change.
The speedo has a designed-in inaccuracy from the factory. You'll find lots of threads on it if you search for it.

--Mark

Top Bottom