Mouse-Chewed 1300 Wiring: What Year?

What year is your mouse-chewed 1300?

• Total voters

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
If you have a 1300 and have had your injector wiring chewed up by mice, what year is your bike?

:sm1:

--Mark

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
Brake light wiring here too. Not much damage, I caught it early. I now keep a moat of twelve inch flashing around the bike.

OP
OP
Blrfl

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
You thinking you'll find a pattern or connection to something?
It came up in this thread. I have my doubts that there's some model year before or after which the mouse-chewings happen but hey, I'm willing to collect the data and see.

--Mark

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
A friend of mine had the mices invade a Passat............1400 bucks to fix.........not just STs I guess.......................ff

Bike
05 st1300
STOC #
05 non abs. He made a mess of the injector wiring. Happened late last year. The pack rat died first night we put out a trap. Stored inside.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
I go to the hardware store and buy mouse treats that are in these wax blocks. They are very effective and it is easy to monitor if they are being eaten, the other advantage is that the mice don't carry it off like they do with loose poison. It remains effective even after becoming wet.

Gerhard

Bike
07 ST1300
07 a family of mice moved in and ate my injector wires And part of the airbox .The bike was only a couple months old !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Friendly suggestion : Moth balls will keep them away ( I hear ).
Had some in my attic, tried mothballs. Just used a few, dropped near the electrical entry point into the attic. Aside from really reeking up the house and bothering us, the mothballs had no effect on the mice. Took two months for them to outgass to the point we couldn't smell them when we came home.....kind of get used to it after a few minutes. Ortho rat poison cleaned them up in two days. Get the variety that makes them thirsty...MOST of them will leave the house in search of water before kicking off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom